↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Stolen > Sunderland
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
chris d3

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Stornoway Grey
Sunderland
I’ve had visitors in the night popped my indicators out of the wing even though I have Optimill swivel lock and Adrenaline pedal lock.
Post #896265 6th Apr 2021 5:28pm
Likeomg

2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
Too close for comfort.

We went completely OTT with full monitored ADT system on the farm after visitors about 14 months ago

they broke in a really random place not covered by an alarm tried to start a series 3 we had lying around back on camera but no faces..

I wonder if anyone has tried a google nest type alarm system, I have one in my rental property... will maybe start a topic on it
Post #896271 6th Apr 2021 5:39pm
chris d3

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Stornoway Grey
Looks like I’m being watched didn’t go to bed until 2am. No sleep for me tonight
Post #896343 6th Apr 2021 10:09pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Who ever it is, i recon they are from ryhope, Because where mine was found and the two arseholes that stole it came from that area, and 110 owner knocked on the door last year, about his been sniffed at, next door to him, their CCTV picked up a dark haired arsehole, and a sliver peugeot estate. The owner said, they have had to come down from the toll bar road, which is where you go into ryhope, well part of it anyway. So they are sniffing at defenders again, we still cannot figure out why mine was destroyed not stripped, Well apart from the axles.
Either they are wanting a quick fix, or wanting to steal a 110 for a job of some sort, god knows. Rolling Eyes
Some poor fella, and his mrs had parked their 90 down hendon of all places, and the arseholes had that away along with another landrover in the ryhope area.
They are very local too us and watching everything. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #898293 14th Apr 2021 8:01pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
chris d3 wrote:
Looks like I’m being watched didn’t go to bed until 2am. No sleep for me tonight

As i said to you on facebook, they were watching me and my dad for a bit and then struck, 7 days into the new year. We have had to re double security on the driveway. CCTV is not enough as a deter at all, as they knew we had cameras up. So either they are mates of looney toons next door, and he's opened his trap about the CCTV, he is from that area and has mates from that area, he isnt exactly a nice lad either, and has assorts of people drop off his drugs, in the past.
They have had a go at the a green TD5 90 a few times, 3 times in a row once. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #898295 14th Apr 2021 8:05pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Likeomg wrote:
Too close for comfort.

We went completely OTT with full monitored ADT system on the farm after visitors about 14 months ago

they broke in a really random place not covered by an alarm tried to start a series 3 we had lying around back on camera but no faces..

I wonder if anyone has tried a google nest type alarm system, I have one in my rental property... will maybe start a topic on it

can you PM me some details about that? I think our CCTV system needs upgrading Whistle Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #898821 18th Apr 2021 1:07am
nitram17

Re: Sunderland
chris d3 wrote:
I’ve had visitors in the night popped my indicators out of the wing even though I have Optimill swivel lock and Adrenaline pedal lock.

They must have either not noticed the peddle and swivel lock or were confident they could bypass them quickly! Has anybody on here heard of a truck with a swivel lock and peddle lock being stolen?
Post #898861 18th Apr 2021 11:46am
Procta

United Kingdom 
I have heard of defenders been stolen with pedal locks, but not with the removeable boss. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #898927 19th Apr 2021 12:41am
lohr500

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
A friend at our sailing club had his Puma stolen a few months ago in the night. He had a pedal lock fitted. Not sure which one.
Apparently they pushed it away from his house and then used an angle grinder to disable the pedal lock, cutting off most of the brake pedal in the process.
They didn't know the local roads too well and ended up rolling it after crashing through a dry stone wall. Probably because they couldn't work the brake pedal easily.
Sadly the Defender was written off, but even worse, the scrotes who stole it survived the crash and were never caught.
Post #899593 22nd Apr 2021 5:44pm
nitram17

That sounds like a ardcase! Perhaps an ardercase would have been an "arder" case to crack as hard to drive with no brake pedal and cluch pedal.
Post #899652 22nd Apr 2021 10:51pm
Likeomg

2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
Procta wrote:
Likeomg wrote:
Too close for comfort.

can you PM me some details about that? I think our CCTV system needs upgrading Whistle

I will when I get a minute, work turned hectic after a young Indian fellow decided he wanted to part ways with the world...
Post #899653 22nd Apr 2021 11:09pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
lohr500 wrote:
A friend at our sailing club had his Puma stolen a few months ago in the night. He had a pedal lock fitted. Not sure which one.
Apparently they pushed it away from his house and then used an angle grinder to disable the pedal lock, cutting off most of the brake pedal in the process.
They didn't know the local roads too well and ended up rolling it after crashing through a dry stone wall. Probably because they couldn't work the brake pedal easily.
Sadly the Defender was written off, but even worse, the scrotes who stole it survived the crash and were never caught.

Yeah i have heard that they just push them and then cut the boxes off, With out a steering wheel though its a lot trickier, but they still want to have a go at it. I am sure that someone has had a go at the front drivers vent to get at the bonnet, last year. Rolling Eyes Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #899658 23rd Apr 2021 12:53am
Procta

United Kingdom 
Likeomg wrote:
Procta wrote:
Likeomg wrote:
Too close for comfort.

can you PM me some details about that? I think our CCTV system needs upgrading Whistle

I will when I get a minute, work turned hectic after a young Indian fellow decided he wanted to part ways with the world...

Thumbs Up i will show you what we have security wise too Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #899659 23rd Apr 2021 12:54am
Procta

United Kingdom 
i spoken to one of the owners who, had the black defender stolen, around the corner from me, They said that the arseholes wanted £300 tor return the car!
Can you believe that!
When mine was stolen some one from Durham wanted to talk to me on the phone about mine, i did message him back and asked what do you want to discuss, Guess what no reply Laughing
So it looks like you do get some people trying to get a few quid out of people Rolling Eyes Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #900055 26th Apr 2021 11:00am
lohr500

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Probably tell you to leave £300 in used £10 in a bin next to the park. Then they take the £300 and still don't return the Defender! The £300 cash buys their next cordless angle grinder ☹️
Post #900064 26th Apr 2021 11:51am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>