↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My New Defender (L663) > What did you do in your L663 Defender today?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
DSL

United Kingdom 
Thumbs Up Academic question for me at the mo anyway. Sad
Post #897233 10th Apr 2021 4:34pm
Steve W

United Kingdom 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
Steve W wrote:
Morning..... Is that the table that mounts to the existing fixings inside the door ? I quite fancy one of those as they look really good . Could you post a photo please once fitted ?

Thanks......

This is the one I’m fitting, it does need some adaptations to the mounting brackets so you don’t need to drill holes in the tailgate but you can use the existing torqx bolts with some small L shaped brackets. The tables with the wooden chopping board are double the price........ but someone with ability and tools could add one easily to this

Click image to enlarge

Thanks Tim............. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Post #897234 10th Apr 2021 4:52pm
SN

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Yes, but the ones that were linked to I bought and they aren’t wide enough to do the job. So I’ll take a 2 mile hike to the next village and get exactly what is needed made up

find the original post - someone put some fillets in to help the L sections attached to table supports reach the Torx bolt holes Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #897237 10th Apr 2021 5:04pm
SN

And as for my Defender today... I drove it about 20 miles around SE Manchester and Glossop, mostly in a blizzard though! Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #897238 10th Apr 2021 5:05pm
J77

Scotland 
Picked up a few bits and pieces from the local farm shop, can squeeze a fair bit in.

Click image to enlarge
 23.5MY 90 D250 X-Dynamic SE, Pangea Green
Gone - 23MY 110 D250 XS Edition, Hakuba Silver
Gone - 21MY 90 D200 S, Tasman Blue, Fuji White roof.
Post #899385 21st Apr 2021 7:14pm
Digger2000

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Other HT Tonga Green
I drove up to Simonside in Northumberland.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #899392 21st Apr 2021 7:37pm
SN

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Yes, but the ones that were linked to I bought and they aren’t wide enough to do the job. So I’ll take a 2 mile hike to the next village and get exactly what is needed made up

Did you resolve this Tim? I've only seen one set recommended and the do the job perfectly - all I did was squeeve an extra washer in next to the collar on each side of the table-to-bracket pivot mount to get a dead perfect fit. I reused the original torx bolts in the door with new M6 nuts to attach the brackets to the vertical side pieces (through 4 holes drilled in the brackets, not the door panel) and attached them to the rear door in the existing holes using new 30mm M6 dome headed bolts

this is the bottom left hand corner showing bracket, bolts, nuts and spacer washer on hinge

Table Open

Click image to enlarge

Table Closed

Click image to enlarge

Masking tape is just there to protect the paint work whilst using a socket ratchet to tighten up the bolt/nuts holding the vertical side mounts against the right angle brackets Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #899434 21st Apr 2021 10:24pm
Tim in Scotland

I’ve modified mine so I don’t need the all the small brackets - some longer bolts at the hinge and some rubber/neoprene spacers where the white one from the original kit was, just have to acquire a drill bit to drill the two extra holes for the door mount as all mine are for wood. I’ve not had time since the lockdown was eased as have been run off my feet surveying boats for sale for purchasers........... who said retirement was a wind down time....... I’ve 3 sail boats all in the same yard next week but they are a 110 mile drive away out on the West Coast Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #899461 22nd Apr 2021 8:17am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123