↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2021MY (L663) > New Defender Owner: 110 D200 S
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Regan1980

United Kingdom 
New Defender Owner: 110 D200 S
I am new to the forum, but have been reading comments and lurking around for tips and advice.

Ive never owned a defender before, but I drove one for two weeks around Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Bloody fan belt snapped 10 mins after I crossed the zim border. I had to be towed back, never did get to see vic falls.

In blighty I bought myself a stunning 2 year old, 40K miles, Discovery 4 GS, black, blacked out windows and leather seats for £23K. Ive had that car now for 8 years. Its not been without problems, 2 weeks in the park brake somehow locked as I was driving home one night. Pitch black, looked out the rear-view and saw a huge plume of smoke coming off the rear disc brakes which were glowing red hot by then! Fixed under warranty but what welcome to landrover!

But it has been the best car I have ever owned and it still looks gorgeous. Its now got 138K on the clock but it has served me so well, holidays, kids etc. I work in IT I was using it to ship Cisco Routers (very heavy) to Holland and bring back crates and crates of beer (even heavier)! Ill be so sad to see it go but life moves on.

Ive never been attracted to the Discovery 5 (although appreciate its an awesome vehicle). But like some of you here when I saw that disguised defender test vehicle, I knew instantly this is what I wanted.

Ive never owned/ordered a brand new new car so this was a new experience for me:

I have ordered: 110 D200 S (new MHEV engine)

Upgrades
Black Paint, Black Exterior Pack, Black Alloys, Privacy Glass
Premium Headlights and Fog lights
Clear Sight Mirror
Deployable Tow Bar
Panoramic Roof, Black roof rails
Meridian Sound System
Wheel Arch Protection, Front/Real Classic mud flaps, Bright Rear Scuff Plate
Fixed Side Steps
Spare wheel cover (ordered separately via 3rd party website)

It all came to 58K, got it for 56K. Dealer didn’t haggle at all, I wonder if I could have got more off it.

Interestingly on the Tow bar, I ordered the fixed but got a call from the dealer who said the fixed tow was no longer an option, this was back in Jan. Anyway, he upgraded me to the deployable option for no additional cost.

Little bit miffed I missed out on the default leather interior (I couldn't afford the option) and the bigger touch screen, but never mind.

Just heard that it is off the boat and will be assigned a plate and vin number.

Due for handover next week, I cannot wait!
Post #893394 23rd Mar 2021 12:02pm
SN

Welcome - where are you based? I'm hoping my D200 110S is in the UK now too after build completed 12/3 and having had the magic email from LR Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #893395 23rd Mar 2021 12:09pm
Gareth

England 2003 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Oslo Blue
Welcome. Sounds a great specification. 2021 Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE D300 MHEV
1966 S2a 109 aka Betsy
1968 S2a 88 aka Bob
2014 Jaaaag F Type 3.0 Supercharged.
Post #893397 23rd Mar 2021 12:33pm
Regan1980

United Kingdom 
Im in the New Forest SN, good luck on your D200 S. Im a bit confused on the handover process, I have been sent the bank details for the remainder of funds. They need a few days next week to fit those accessories and once funds have cleared I can pick it up Thursday/Friday. I will then have to return on April 12th for an official handover as they are operating a click and collect service only.

Thanks Gareth! I spent days on that configurator trying to price out the best value base vs S vs SE - HSE was out of reach for me.
Post #893511 23rd Mar 2021 6:51pm
Regan1980

United Kingdom 
Picked up my new defender yesterday!! Absolutely love it.

As mentioned in the lead time thread I have to wait a few weeks for the side steps but I can live with that.

Hand over was very simple and ive used the 7 day drive away insurance offered by the rep.

One thing, I ordered mine in Jan and as you know the specs on the configurator changed a few weeks back. The part cloth/leather seats disappeared.

My car has been fitted with full ebony leather seats? Obviously im not going to complain about that, it was welcome surprise.

I know my car didn't actually get built until late march so I guess they just ran out of the half and half spec and fitted the full leather. The invoice says "Dinamica suedecloth and steelcut", thats the premium textile seat option, im sure of it?

I was also a bit worried about only going for the entry level 200bhp engine, but its absolutely fine and more responsive than my Discovery 4 GS. *not had it on the motorway yet.

Anyway, it was a beautiful sunny day for collection. Drove into the forest with the family, got fish and chips, parked up and enjoyed the car. So happy! Ill pop some pics up a little later

Thanks for all the advice on this forum!

Jon
Post #895693 3rd Apr 2021 8:33am
J77

Scotland 
My 21MY 90 arrived with full leather rather than the part leather/woven textile. LR had many complaints over water staining on these seats so changed them, though I was under the impression that 22MY would be the first models to change.

Yes the 3.0 D200 has enough go about it. 23.5MY 90 D250 X-Dynamic SE, Pangea Green
Gone - 23MY 110 D250 XS Edition, Hakuba Silver
Gone - 21MY 90 D200 S, Tasman Blue, Fuji White roof.
Post #895705 3rd Apr 2021 9:04am
Regan1980

United Kingdom 
Yes id read about the water situation, also got a mention on Harrys Garage channel. Glad others got full leather as well!

Just looked at your pics, love the colour combo, looks fantastic!
Post #895711 3rd Apr 2021 9:11am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1