↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > 1:18 Scale 2020 Defender models
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Oldmowgli

Australia 
1:18 Scale 2020 Defender models
I have just come across a few sellers in China on AliExpress who have extremely accurate 1:18 diecast models of the new Defender for sale.
See examples below.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I have just ordered a 110 in Tasman Blue with White roof (almost an exact copy of my car, apart from being a left hand drive) and am sure they will interest a few more of us sad obsessives - especially if you are in the US (LHD) and own a Pangea Green or Tasman Blue car. (Also I notice one store has them in white with Alloy wheels, see pic 3)

They have models of both the 90 and 110 available but in relatively small quantities.

Here are links to a couple of the stores (and just to be clear I have no affiliation with these sellers, nor do I have any idea about their reputation, etc) but I have ordered from AliExpress successfully in the past, and from the store photo's these models look extremely good, even with removable front A frame, lunchbox, roof rack, and ladder etc.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001729049583.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001786663198.html

Just be a little careful if searching in AliExpress to find the "Almost Real" model, as there are also similar New Defender models in Silver, Red, Bronze which are much cheaper but not quite the same quality, (see the third picture above which includes both types).

..........wonder if they sell an easy fit winch kit ???

Enjoy!
Oldmowgli Cool [/img]
Post #873459 17th Dec 2020 5:18pm
Tim in Scotland

The Green 110 is £197 including postage to UK at today’s exchange rate .............. JLR type prices but I like that you get the Explorer pack separately so no need to put it on. Pity no option of 20” alloys and Black roof to make it a First Edition!

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #873491 17th Dec 2020 8:41pm
Oldmowgli

Australia 
We should send this detail to PowerfulUk as he appears to need a 2020 Defender in his display of models.

But more importantly Tim.......I can't let this go unnoticed - it had to be a Scotsman who was first to raise the price issue!....must you keep up the hard earned reputation for being tight ? (It's really not true - I found Scots to be the most generous people in the years that I lived up there)

Oldmowgli Cool
Post #873516 17th Dec 2020 10:50pm
SN

Those cheap ones are not to scale - they come out at about 1 in 30 (not the 1 in 32 as declared everywhere) - but they can be had on ebay for less than £15

I bought the red one to set next to my genuinely 1 in 32 scale Disco 3 and discovered this issue immediately... Evil or Very Mad

Click image to enlarge
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #873526 17th Dec 2020 11:59pm
Tim in Scotland

Oldmowgli, I’m a half Aussie expat Englishman living up here! So it must be the half Aussie bit that makes me mean then......
But I have lived here 56 of my 63 yeass

SN - such a pity that JLR don’t make the real thing with a Firenze Red option Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #873527 18th Dec 2020 12:02am
Oldmowgli

Australia 
Tim,
I'm a Geordie living in Aus with Yorkshire kids (having lived half our lives in Yorkshire) Trust me...I know Tight when I see it. Yorkshire folks win hands down ! (Eyup Lad!!)

And I just spoke to my dealer on picking up my car...

Some good news, firstly he tells me they have genuinely had the busiest year they have ever had, and that Defender orders are backed up, (There is a lot of pent up buying need across the industry apparently).

He also mentioned that there are new colours about to be added to the range. (Couldn't tell me which..but I bet a nice deep red is in there.)

Oldmowgli Cool
Post #873686 18th Dec 2020 11:24pm
zilch

Australia 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
Pity no option of 20” alloys and Black roof to make it a First Edition!

you can always get the roof wrapped and the alloys sprayed Tim Whistle Laughing yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #873721 19th Dec 2020 8:14am
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 
Re: 1:18 Scale 2020 Defender models
Oldmowgli wrote:

Just be a little careful if searching in AliExpress to find the "Almost Real" model, as there are also similar New Defender models in Silver, Red, Bronze which are much cheaper but not quite the same quality, (see the third picture above which includes both types).

..........wonder if they sell an easy fit winch kit ???

Enjoy!
Oldmowgli Cool [/img]

Land Rover has a deal with Almost Real to produce these New Defender Models. Prototypes of 1:18 models were shown at China Motorshow (I read somewhere)
I do have the 110 in Tasman Blue 1:18, nearly like the 21MY Defender I'm waiting for. 22MY Defender 110 (actual) | 10MY Freelander 2 (history) | 15MY Discovery Sport HSE (history)
Post #894701 29th Mar 2021 4:50pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
What's the quality of the model like?
Post #894864 30th Mar 2021 9:33am
Tim in Scotland

Supacat the Almost Real models are really high quality - expensive but worth it. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #894879 30th Mar 2021 10:29am
J77

Scotland 
LR now some advertised, not as good as the Almost Real ones.

https://shop.landrover.com/uk/model-cars/defender 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #894893 30th Mar 2021 11:30am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Tim in Scotland wrote:
Supacat the Almost Real models are really high quality - expensive but worth it.

Thumbs Up

I do like 1:18 scale.
Post #894920 30th Mar 2021 1:11pm
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 
Supacat wrote:
What's the quality of the model like?

The AR are really good quality, even the 1:64 scales. Ordered 2 on ebay, expensive, and only randomly picked (because they are sealed and different serial numbers (marked as officially licenced from Land Rover). With different rims and accessories (shovel, roof tent closed…).
The 1:64 scale exists in all official LR colors.
I got the 110 an 90 both in Tasman Blue.

The 1:18 are even better, very detailed

I bought one here

https://www.megamo.hk/118-Almost-Real-Land...p_904.html

Click image to enlarge
 22MY Defender 110 (actual) | 10MY Freelander 2 (history) | 15MY Discovery Sport HSE (history)
Post #894937 30th Mar 2021 3:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1