↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Apple CarPlay Issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Eldoclear

Scotland 
Apple CarPlay Issue
Has anyone else Apple Car Play stopped working, I'm seeing ( or not as case may be) the following

Apple CarPlay logo disappeared from main screen

When checking Apple setup it says I need to connect an iPhone via USB cable - I have and tried 2 different cables - it was working previously?

Also when checking the iPhone after plugging it in, there's no charging happening either

Car still finds iPhone via bluetooth with no issues

In other cars, Car Play works ok

Any help would be much appreciated
Post #864923 2nd Nov 2020 10:24am
Tim in Scotland

I found in my Mini that I needed to use a genuine Apple connector cable as nothing else I had would connect ACP and have transferred that over to my Defender but I do have a Belkin cable and a Halfords own brand and both work fine. The cable I bought from a motorway service area stand won’t work at all in either of my Defenders, wouldn’t work in the Mini and wouldn’t charge my phone in my 2015 pre ICTP equipped RRS used as a pure charging cable either. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #864942 2nd Nov 2020 11:41am
Eldoclear

Scotland 
Hiya Tim,
Thanks for responding - I only have genuine Apple cables, been bitten before by not using the genuine article

It was working up until a week or so ago - the wife uses car more than I do currently but she never noticed anything untoward, probably because she prefers listening to radio to be fair
Post #864945 2nd Nov 2020 12:02pm
Zeplin000

I had a similar issue with my car. It’s still not perfect, but this works for me: Have you tried the hard reset by pressing the power button for about 10-15 second with the engine off?

When I connect my phone, it doesn’t charge or bring up Apple CarPlay. When I do the hard rest it works. Annoying that I have to do this whenever I want to use CarPlay, but at least I can get it working...

Cheers
Post #865075 2nd Nov 2020 9:25pm
Eldoclear

Scotland 
Hi Z - thanks for that - I'll give it a bash once I've got some free time, hopefully today/tomorrow

I'll et you know if it works for me too
Post #865199 3rd Nov 2020 1:09pm
G4R1

United Kingdom 
Did you manage to fix the issue?

I have the same issue for the past 4-5 weeks. A hard reset is not helping.

I have tried different cables and iphones still no luck. Each time I connect the phone to the car on pivi screen I'm getting a message something like "do you want to connect to carplay" I'm pressing yes and after 3-4 minutes it says "connection to your phone failed, please reconnect the phone and try again"

Does anyone have any idea how this can be fixed? 3.0L MHVE D200 S Pangea Green+Black Pack
Adv. + Off-Road and Family Packs
Post #888885 3rd Mar 2021 9:27pm
carlmuck

United States 
When this happens (about once every 2 days) if I restart the phone and do a pivi reset I can get CarPlay back. Shouldn't be crashing, but ...
Post #889360 6th Mar 2021 1:56am
Tim in Scotland

OTA software update 2.08 seems to have caused quite a few issues, especially for iPhone12 owners Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #889393 6th Mar 2021 10:33am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1