↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > JLR letter stating delays :/
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
SCP73

United Kingdom 
JLR letter stating delays :/
So, Dec 14th, ordered Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE, added some bits but main thing for us was then towbar. All in, waited until Jan to get a build date, 3rd March, so delivery to dealer 3rd week of April - we were over the moon, things were being planned, pay off the balance of the Merc as it was going to be a PX, get some odds and sods ordered etc etc.

Our dealer, Lookers, who themselves have had "issues" over the last year or so, were "alright", would not say they have been fantastic, but, we knew what they were like when we bought our new Disco Sport in 2015, delays, delays and delays - all JLR faults to be honest to them, but, they never rang us to update us, it was always chase chase chase from us.

So back to the Defender, in Jan I chased the dealership for dates etc, to find our salesperson was put on furlough. new chap blunt and not interested to be frank, after being pushed found out the above dates. Last week we get a call from Lookers, the Defender MY21.5 that was ordered at Christmas has been cancelled. No more. But they are replacing it with MY22, our chap is back from furlough and we got the order is within a few days, now more expensive, on-base price, and we added the larger screen as I am blind (I won't drive it I am sorry to say, the wife will have that pleasure). To get it back to JLR to try for our original build slot.

Seems no dice, JLR have gone all quiet again, no dates.
Dealer has no clue, seems to now want to "ring" JLR and ask questions (I had some regarding the 130 and also heated rear seats and little fingers).

/small rant starts
So today, dated 22/2 we get a letter from JLR - blaming covid for delivery issues, no mention of the cancellation, but the most annoying thing/irritating thing, the letter is printed but they could now be a**ed to put a signature on it, I mean even a digital signature would have been fine - bloody impersonal.

Spending near enough £90k on a new Hybrid and they did not have the manners to digitally sign a letter.
/extended rant finishes

So now we have a new car on order, no dates, inflated cost and I cannot find anything about the 130 which might be a hybrid offering that would be better suited to a family of 5.....

I read on the board the 130 topic, just a shame JLR cant get their finger out Sad
Post #889086 4th Mar 2021 8:07pm
SCP73

United Kingdom 
@admin - can you move this to the correct forum please, just noticed I put it in the wrong one (butterfingers) and I cannot delete it Sad
Post #889089 4th Mar 2021 8:09pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Moved, hopefully to where you wanted it Smile  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #889117 4th Mar 2021 9:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL

United Kingdom 
Gonna need a whole “Delayed and/or Cancelled” section at this rate! Whistle Whistle

Laughing
Post #889119 4th Mar 2021 9:36pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Re: JLR letter stating delays :/
SCP73 wrote:
now more expensive

At least one person, in same position as you has posted that the old price has been held for them. Did you ask/push them on this?
Post #889126 4th Mar 2021 9:45pm
SCP73

United Kingdom 
Martin wrote:
Moved, hopefully to where you wanted it Smile

Cheers Martin - perfect Smile
Post #889137 4th Mar 2021 10:35pm
SCP73

United Kingdom 
Re: JLR letter stating delays :/
Supacat wrote:
SCP73 wrote:
now more expensive

At least one person, in same position as you has posted that the old price has been held for them. Did you ask/push them on this?

The difference was only in the base price from what I could tell, I expressed that JLR had the order and cancelled it - and thus should honour the price, a little back and forth on the phone to get "Management will make up the difference" - I asked for that in writing, still waiting for it by email Smile

So to answer, Yes, I hope so, but mega pi**ed about the winch which I wanted to add, it was £31** on the MY21.5 and even on the MY22 builder, but, dealer stated its missing the install kit, which takes it to around £5k, I cant see me getting that past the wife, £31** was pushing it, £5 would end in serious moaning Smile
Post #889138 4th Mar 2021 10:41pm
SN

I think its a standard letter, not one just for you - here's mine:-

Click image to enlarge

Mine was ordered on 30th December and by 15th Jan was confirmed a build date of 12th March with delivery date expected 31st March. Its only a 110S D200, nothing special at the factory, though lots of goodies to be dealer fitted.

Obviously I contacted my salesman immediately I got the letter. But I (hope I) got a better story on mine insofar as nothing has changed - all dates holding, no actual declared delays on mine and no swap to an MY22.

Fingers crossed Neutral Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #889148 4th Mar 2021 11:53pm
SCP73

United Kingdom 
Yep SN, thats the same unsigned letter I got. Sad
Post #889310 5th Mar 2021 7:54pm
J77

Scotland 
Yup got mine today. 23.5MY 90 D250 X-Dynamic SE, Pangea Green
Gone - 23MY 110 D250 XS Edition, Hakuba Silver
Gone - 21MY 90 D200 S, Tasman Blue, Fuji White roof.
Post #889312 5th Mar 2021 7:56pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
It would be interesting to know whether any other models are delayed and if other manufacturers are having similar problems. WARNING.
This post may contain sarcasm.
Post #889315 5th Mar 2021 8:01pm
Tim in Scotland

VW and Audi have had to stop making some of their models because of parts shortages and Tesla has had to close the Fremont factory recently for 2 weeks due to insufficient parts. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #889321 5th Mar 2021 8:33pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
I also rarely 'sign' letters any more because they are sent abou 80miles from me and I don't give people my signature #oldschool Mike
Post #889361 6th Mar 2021 1:13am
Supacat

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Tesla has had to close the Fremont factory recently for 2 weeks due to insufficient parts.

24-25 February ~ so just 2 days & importantly then ramping back to full production.

"Tesla CEO Elon Musk said the company’s Fremont, California plant shut down for two days this week due to “parts shortages” and had reopened on Wednesday."

"Electric vehicle news source Electrek quoted Musk as telling employees that production of Model 3 and the Model Y small SUV would speed up to full production over the next few days."

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/25/tesla-temp...eport.html
Post #889365 6th Mar 2021 6:36am
Supacat

Zed wrote:
It would be interesting to know whether any other models are delayed and if other manufacturers are having similar problems.

15% of production lost across the company in January. This was down to two factors ~ Covid and Brexit.

Adrian Mardell 44mins into the Investor Presentation.
https://www.jaguarlandrover.com/investor-relations
Post #889367 6th Mar 2021 7:09am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>