↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > 130 > 130 Double cab rear seatbox advice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Shroppy wrote:
1. The brackets circled in red in Nidge's photo aren't required per se and prevent the seats from folding unless unbolted?

2. The brackets circled in blue have a higher pivot point than the 110 SW brackets? Anyone have some? Wink

3. Could anyone confirm what chassis brackets are required please? From studying AndrewS' longshank build photos it would appear that only the 130 DC body crossmember is required and the 110 striker support chassis brackets won't work due to the rear bulkhead.

1. Correct, they are useless things and no-one has ever explained to me why they are there. The seats lock fine without them, and it doesn't appear to affect any structural or safety aspects. I removed them from my 110 DC on day one, some ten years and 250k miles ago and never never regretted it. Incidentally when present they also prevent you from fitting seat covers.

2. I thought that the 130 DC and 110 DC internal seat components were the same, and that the 110 DC had the same front brackets as the 110 SW. If this is correct then they should be the same as 110 SW brackets. The backrest angle is different between the DC and the SW seats (due to the bulkhead, but can be altered), and I thought this was the only difference.

3. I can't really advise on this point since I don't have a 130 Big Cry. It is highly likely that the chassis parts are very different. On the 110 DC of course you lose the huge useful space under Landrover's idiotic "empty box" under the seat.
Post #888525 1st Mar 2021 8:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12