↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2021MY (L663) > 2022MY ? when
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
dontwakemeup

Australia 
2022MY ? when
Can anyone explain this MY22 talk that seems to be going on? Some people are saying there is a pause in production for a changeover?

For those not familiar with JLR, is this the time of year this usually occurs? What differences happen? What does it actually mean in practical terms?
Post #888233 28th Feb 2021 7:28am
J77

Scotland 
It’s been brought forward. Nothing much has changed since 21MY, the option of bigger infotainment screen and some tweaks to standard spec on some models. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #888277 28th Feb 2021 12:53pm
dontwakemeup

Australia 
Does this mean if/when a dealer has placed an order that is in the holding pool, what happens? Do we still get the same pricing /options? Do we have to reorder?
Post #888278 28th Feb 2021 12:54pm
J77

Scotland 
Some reordered, I’m not sure if that was through choice or necessity. If an order was due to go into build then I think prices were being honoured or at least they were with some dealers. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #888281 28th Feb 2021 1:10pm
Tim in Scotland

Pre-pandemic it used to be that the roll out of the next MY would start after the July factory shutdown/ holiday/ factory maintenance period and the next model year would start to appear on the roads in the U.K. late August/early September sometimes a little later. It used to be the case that if you ordered a car here in April/May time basis the previous year’s spec and your build was delayed or couldn’t be built before the next MY rolled out then provided that you had a contract and had paid a deposit then the old price would be held but you got the next MY changes. This is what happened to me in 2013 when I ordered a facelift 2014MY Evoque in May 2013 and due to problems with the first version of inControl Secure and Remote the car that was supposed to have been delivered in September eventually arrived the following February. I didn’t pay the price increase that occurred in the August and got a 2014MY just as 2014.5MY was announced........... along with some changes to the InControl Systems that couldn’t be applied to my car because of some hardware changes........ Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #888284 28th Feb 2021 1:34pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Unless something major is going to change eg Face lift or moving from JLR Info to Privi Pro - i wouldnt worry to much about MY changes for the defender at this stage Mike
Post #888423 1st Mar 2021 12:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1