↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My New Defender (L663) > What did you do in your L663 Defender today?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
SN

Epic! Thumbs Up Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #888223 27th Feb 2021 11:28pm
SN

Collected mine!

Click image to enlarge

https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic77966.html Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #896839 8th Apr 2021 11:14pm
Defendit..

Netherlands 
Congrats !, drive it in good health ! No Mud flaps for my 90.!
-----------------------------------------
P300 S on air, adv.+ offroad pack, DRL+fog, Dinamica Suedecloth + Ebony headliner/Cross Beam- Many Mods..
Post #896861 9th Apr 2021 6:56am
zilch

Australia 
chased a few trout across some streams in Kosciusko national park, managed 4 water crossings all within 40 minutes

stuck in a jam waiting for the LR experience Defenders to get a move on

Click image to enlarge

Halfway across Swampy Plains River

Click image to enlarge

posing shot, drop toilet ablution block edited out Laughing

Click image to enlarge
 yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #897130 10th Apr 2021 6:06am
Gareth

England 2003 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Oslo Blue
First proper clean. It’s a big beast! There are some plus points over the Disco 4 which was a huge job to clean properly.
Ceramic coating works really well. Dirt seems to just fall off.
Door seals around the rear doors don’t hold mud like they did on the D4.
Wipers pull away from the windscreen fully.
More painted surfaces easier to clean than grained plastics. (Scuttle panel, door bottoms)
Much easier to clean the interior. Less hoovering more wiping of plastic floors!
Less complication around rear seats makes hoovering easy.
Boot area more accessible, no need to climb in!
Less glossy surfaces = fewer finger prints.
Negatives are a few. It’s high so still need ladders to clean the roof.
Rear end is tricky, especially behind the spare wheel.
Rear bumper difficult to clean. You need to open the door.
Wheel arches liners made from felt like substance that doesn’t jet wash clean like the plastic on the D4.
Front end quite complex to clean. Needs small hands and fingers! 2021 Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE D300 MHEV
1966 S2a 109 aka Betsy
1968 S2a 88 aka Bob
2014 Jaaaag F Type 3.0 Supercharged.
Post #897141 10th Apr 2021 6:30am
Tim in Scotland

Started assembling my tailgate mounted picnic table - one fiddly job for someone with two left thumbs and zero engineering skills..... dare I mention here that it’s a Jeep Wrangler accessory (unbranded though) Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #897145 10th Apr 2021 7:16am
Steve W

United Kingdom 
Morning..... Is that the table that mounts to the existing fixings inside the door ? I quite fancy one of those as they look really good . Could you post a photo please once fitted ?

Thanks......
Post #897166 10th Apr 2021 8:51am
Steve W

United Kingdom 
Took the dog for a walk ! Was going to wash it but its just started raining, had it now for 2 weeks and well pleased, its booked to go back into dealers to have the air suspension changed (as i found out on here and my dealer follow up so what a great forum) and a few other bits done.

Click image to enlarge
Post #897167 10th Apr 2021 8:55am
Tim in Scotland

Steve W wrote:
Morning..... Is that the table that mounts to the existing fixings inside the door ? I quite fancy one of those as they look really good . Could you post a photo please once fitted ?

Thanks......

This is the one I’m fitting, it does need some adaptations to the mounting brackets so you don’t need to drill holes in the tailgate but you can use the existing torqx bolts with some small L shaped brackets. The tables with the wooden chopping board are double the price........ but someone with ability and tools could add one easily to this

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #897182 10th Apr 2021 9:44am
Ryderoo

England 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
That looks useful.

Handy for work, when we’re out on site.

I’ll order one when my defender arrives, let us know how you get on with the install. Cheers Simon

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you

2015 Urban Truck 90 XS Santorini Black Hard Top - Reluctantly gone
2020 Discovery 5 Eiger Grey 3.0 SE
2021 Defender S D250 Santorini Black 110 Hard Top on the drive
Post #897191 10th Apr 2021 10:37am
TRGRichie

United Kingdom 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
Steve W wrote:

Thanks......

This is the one I’m fitting, it does need some adaptations to the mounting brackets so you don’t need to drill holes in the tailgate but you can use the existing torqx bolts with some small L shaped brackets. The tables with the wooden chopping board are double the price........ but someone with ability and tools could add one easily to this

Click image to enlarge

Where have you sourced your L shaped brackets from?
Post #897195 10th Apr 2021 11:19am
Tim in Scotland

Do you mean the brackets that the wires come from to support the table? They come with it BUT I’m going to have to get the local blacksmith/metal basher to make some backing brackets so I don’t have to drill holes in the door and can use the torqx bolts that hold the rear door trim on - if the table was about 4cm longer I could bolt it straight on. Also on that one the bolts that make up the hinge are 3-4 threads too short so I had to get out my big G clamp and compress the thick rubber washer/spacers to get enough thread to even start one of nylock nuts onto the thread............ best Made In China engineering I suppose.... Big Cry not great for totally non technical folks like me!

The main problem is it’s designed for a narrower Wrangler not any version of Defender (I tried it in my 90 too)

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 10th Apr 2021 4:02pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #897217 10th Apr 2021 3:15pm
J77

Scotland 
Went for the shopping, that’s about as exciting as today got. 23.5MY 90 D250 X-Dynamic SE, Pangea Green
Gone - 23MY 110 D250 XS Edition, Hakuba Silver
Gone - 21MY 90 D200 S, Tasman Blue, Fuji White roof.
Post #897227 10th Apr 2021 4:01pm
DSL

United Kingdom 
Didn’t someone have an Amazon link for L shaped brackets that did the trick? Question Question
Post #897231 10th Apr 2021 4:18pm
Tim in Scotland

Yes, but the ones that were linked to I bought and they aren’t wide enough to do the job. So I’ll take a 2 mile hike to the next village and get exactly what is needed made up Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #897232 10th Apr 2021 4:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>