↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics > Heated seats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Procta

United Kingdom 
Heated seats
Where is the best place to get the replacement elements? my passenger side base has failed. Looks like the previous owner has fitted some cheap replacements. I want to fit some good quality ones. Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #883793 7th Feb 2021 4:08pm
landy andy

2006 Defender 110 Td5 USW Zermatt Silver
Exmoor trim. They do two types one standard LR (and LR plugs) or a aftermarket set, apparently better) different plugs and two heats.
Post #883801 7th Feb 2021 4:41pm
Teario

1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi SW Rioja Red
I recovered my seats recently and took the opportunity to add heating at the same time. I used this Exmoor trim kit https://www.exmoortrim.co.uk/the-new-defen...r-kit.html which I think is the same aftermarket one Landy Andy is referring to.

They are nice and heat up fast. I thought the back pad was a little bit small but it does seem to spread the heat out and not focus it in one area. There are two settings but the instructions say the high setting is just to bring it up to temp quickly then should be switched to the other setting. I tried leaving it on high and after 5-10 minutes it was uncomfortably warm.

One potential caveat is there is no automatic switching - you have to turn it down manually. I do worry one day I'll turn them on max then get out to do something, become distracted and end up burning the seat. Just got to remember to always turn them down or off if getting out.
Post #884045 8th Feb 2021 10:36pm
landy andy

2006 Defender 110 Td5 USW Zermatt Silver
That’s one of the things I like about the low heat LR set of heaters. They are low enough that I turn them on in September and then turn off at about Easter. Not off and on all the time. There is enough heat to notice when it’s been accidentally knocked off and appreciated by my co pilot.

Click image to enlarge
Post #884060 9th Feb 2021 12:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1