Home > Faults & Fixes (L663) > Jump Seat Seat Belt Jammed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Julep

Jersey 
Jump Seat Seat Belt Jammed
Found a bit of a design flaw with the Jump Seat Seat belt. Sad

For some reason they have put a join below the slot where the belt should run, causing the belt to jam and no longer retract.

Have informed the dealer so just waiting on a time slot to get it checked out.

Click image to enlarge
 110 County Station Wagon V8
Freelander Sport Td4
Discovery 4 XS TDV6
Defender X 110 P400
Post #881509 28th Jan 2021 9:33am
SN

The gap is obviously needed at construction time to feed the belt into the one piece plastic guide - but it should really close up once in place - have you tried loosening those two star bolts and squeezing the plastic together to close the gap before tightening the bolts back up?

Poor example from a show showing the same arrangement, can't see if the gap is as wide as your example

Click image to enlarge
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #881516 28th Jan 2021 9:56am
Julep

Jersey 
I was tempted to try and fix but at not even 8 weeks old I would rather Land Rover see the problem.

Yes it needs a slot somewhere to feed over the belt but why have it where the belt runs? Surely having it above the belt would have made more sense?

When it comes to the seat belt return and the ability to lock in an emergency, I think its important it glides properly and should not have the possibility of getting jammed. 110 County Station Wagon V8
Freelander Sport Td4
Discovery 4 XS TDV6
Defender X 110 P400
Post #881530 28th Jan 2021 11:29am
Tim in Scotland

Surely this is a safety item that the dealership should immediately repair? Have you tried contacting LR Customer Relations through their dedicated section of the forum. You will need to PM them with the VIN and few other details. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #881554 28th Jan 2021 1:57pm
Julep

Jersey 
Thanks Tim for pointing me at the Customer Relations section, I can't believe I had never noticed it!

What I am most concerned about is that the dealer may just undo the 2 Torx to release the belt and call that a fix. Hopefully it will get raised as a safety issue and get the response it deserves. For now it will have to be the dog seat and the daughter gets relegated to the back again. Very Happy 110 County Station Wagon V8
Freelander Sport Td4
Discovery 4 XS TDV6
Defender X 110 P400
Post #881714 29th Jan 2021 12:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1