↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Replacing washer jet: removing dash
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Leaky 110

Scotland 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Zermatt Silver
Thanks for all the great replies folks.

I’m going to just replace the washer as I’ve tried the glue method already using some adhesive gel.

I’m only surmising it was the cold weather.... but it’d be a coincidence if t wasn’t.
Post #704584 1st May 2018 5:28pm
Montblanc

France 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Zermatt Silver
This is an old thread so if there is anything more up to date please let me know.

My windscreen washer jet has worked loose (2.4 puma with a/c) probably knocked while clearing snow of the windscreen. The washers work but the plastic now rotates too easily.

Question: is there a nut at the back that can be tightenned up? Question 2, can this be tightenned without renoving the dasboard (mabe through the radio aperture)?

It's a bit cold and snowy here in the alps so I don't want to start the long job of taking the dasboard out on the drive Sad at least not until the spring!
Post #872847 14th Dec 2020 1:10pm
MatLandy

France 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Zermatt Silver
Yes there is a 13mm nut at the back (yellow nut on attached picture) to hold the washer jet in place, and you do need to remove the central console to access it. Note that a double depth 13mm socket is highly recommended when tackling this job.

I did just that 2 months ago, and took the opportunity to replace with better than original, although more pricey, and installed the "Ultimate Washer Jet" from CSI Parts. Well worth the time and money put into it.
They have a quick installation guide on their FB https://www.facebook.com/468424706695572/p...85099/?d=n which will help you to better understand how to access the washer jet from the inside, even if you are not replacing with their product Rolling Eyes
Note that the 17mm double depth socket mentioned is not essential, as this is for the new nut supplied with their product, whereas you can reuse the original 13mm nut as it has the same inside diameter/thread.

/Mat

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #872859 14th Dec 2020 2:25pm
Dinnu

Malta 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Santorini Black
The washer is actually 2 parts, with the outer part that snaps on an O ring but has an orientation tab to prevent it from rotating.

This video explains it really well.
 1988 90 Hard Top, 19J Diesel Turbo, Shire Blue - Restoration ongoing
2012 90 CSW, 2.2TDCI, Santorini Black
Post #872929 14th Dec 2020 8:06pm
Montblanc

France 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Zermatt Silver
Thanks guys. The pictures are a great help because I couldn't see, in the workshop manual diagram, just how to access the nut behind the bulkhead bracket. Looks straight forward with the center console removed.

The video is also interesting as maybe it's not the nut that needs tightening. I hadn't appreciated that the plastic is an assembled made from two parts. My landy has been covered in snow all last week but it's clear of ice around the jets today so Ill try to work out which piece is rotating before I remove the center console and tighten the nut.

Thanks and happy Christmas.
Post #874488 24th Dec 2020 10:15am
Doc P

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but my washer jet nozzle has disappeared (I presume frozen and pushed off in the recent freeze) and I was wondering what the correct part is.

The stub of the connector's still sticking out of the bulkhead. I've seen that you can just replace the exterior nozzle which simply 'snaps' on but is it still available? (if so, what's the part number, does anyone know?) It sounds like someone was saying they're no longer sold as a simple nozzle?

Post #886473 19th Feb 2021 12:46pm
Wolfie831

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 110 300 Tdi ST Nato Green
It's much easier if you don't have a Centre console or those new fangled inventions - Radio you say...bah humbug !

If you're changing the nozzle anyway, you should probably upgrade it to an Engineering Design & Dev Ltd Alloy version, They never break !

Wolfie
Post #886483 19th Feb 2021 1:09pm
Doc P

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
Hah! Radio....yes.

Anyway, can I just snap on another nozzle or is there more to it than that?
Post #886498 19th Feb 2021 1:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12