↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Inchcape agrees £29.7m sale of JLR Southampton dealership
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Inchcape agrees £29.7m sale of JLR Southampton dealership
to Hendy Group.

Inchcape UK said that the sale of JLR Southampton – a newly-developed Arch Concept facility opened in January 2019 – should be completed on December 11 and would deliver total proceeds of £29.65m.

It said that the business had traded profitably since opening, adding that it belived the transaction represented the first sale of a JLR Arch business in the UK.

Click image to enlarge

https://www.am-online.com/news/acquisition...endy-group
Post #870561 30th Nov 2020 6:04pm
VVS210

United Kingdom 
That explains why I have had unsolicited e-mails from Hendy Group recently... never bought a car of any sort from them but did buy a Disco from Inchape So'ton in the past & have used them for repairs & warranty work more recently.
Post #871357 4th Dec 2020 9:28pm
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
I wonder why Inchcape have sold?
Post #871360 4th Dec 2020 9:41pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
If you believe the blurb:

“in-line with Inchcape UK’s strategy to divest in outlying businesses”

In a statement issued to AM this morning, the group reiterated that its current strategy aimed to “create a density of representation in its portfolio of dealerships”, which the group believes will maximise efficiencies and increase returns."

Rather ironic that a company selling personal mobility doesn't want to travel too far to reach all it's places of work.

Last edited by Supacat on 5th Dec 2020 5:32am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #871373 4th Dec 2020 10:03pm
Rashers

You sometimes wonder whether you would have more respect if they issued a statement which read:-

‘We sold the Southampton dealership to make our accounts look better to shareholders for our year end’ Whistle
Post #871378 4th Dec 2020 10:16pm
Rashers

Had an email sent to me this morning that Inchcape Land Rover at King's Lynn will no longer sell new vehicles.

The site will still carry on with used Land Rover sales and will also be an authorised Land Rover repair centre. The site will also now include the Jaguar marque and will provide used car sales and service to those vehicles also.

To think, a couple of years ago I was told that there were plans for a new larger dealership in King's Lynn. This would incorporate Jaguar. The site has always struggled for space and they have very limited workshop facilities with no MOT bay (the MOT's are done at an independent garage down the road).

I cannot see that removing new car sales is going to free up much space and can only see adding Jaguar vehicles will compound their limited resources.

I have no idea, but I expect that King's Lynn didn't fit in with what JLR required for a new car sales site? It is a poky site, the showroom is very dated and although the staff tried hard, it does look a bit scruffy inside.

I expect the people who work there will be happy that the site is still trading (a couple of VW and Vauxhall dealerships have closed in Norfolk over the last few months), but it does make you wonder whether it will be around much longer?

As I gave up with Inchcape a couple of services ago, and I am not going to be buying a new JLR vehicle anytime soon, this really isn't going to make any difference to me.
Post #873611 18th Dec 2020 3:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1