↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics (L663) > Disappeared apps from Apple Car Play
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Disappeared apps from Apple Car Play
I don’t often use Apple Car Play as I’m a Radio4 listener and get good DAB but over the weekend I wanted to use my OS app (Not the memory map app but OS’s own one) that I have previously had no problem accessing on the info touchscreen. Yesterday my ACP was only showing 2.5 pages of apps yet previously I had 4 pages. I appreciate that LR don’t like to licence or are very slow to licence apps to run on Pivi Pro Or ICTP but have they also removed the licences from apps that previously worked OK in the system? I don’t see any signs of an over the air update to the car’s system and there are no blue dots on the phone screen that against recently updated apps in the App Store. The phone 4G and the cars internal data were both showing maximum signal strength too Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #855967 14th Sep 2020 11:54am
familymad

2016 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
Wow, it’s amazing the amount of words used in your post that mean nothing to me and don’t seem to be discussing a Defender Rolling with laughter 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #855981 14th Sep 2020 1:17pm
Tim in Scotland

I’m still getting used to all these terms too, don’t worry. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #855998 14th Sep 2020 2:44pm
J77

Scotland 
Yup, stuff in there I don’t understand either..... what’s radio 4?

Laughing

Last edited by J77 on 14th Sep 2020 7:33pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #856025 14th Sep 2020 5:07pm
familymad

2016 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
Rolling with laughter

My kids would ask “what’s radio” 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #856043 14th Sep 2020 6:51pm
spudfan

Ireland 
Re: Disappeared apps from Apple Car Play
Tim in Scotland wrote:
I don’t often use Apple Car Play as I’m a Radio4 listener and get good DAB but over the weekend I wanted to use my OS app (Not the memory map app but OS’s own one) that I have previously had no problem accessing on the info touchscreen. Yesterday my ACP was only showing 2.5 pages of apps yet previously I had 4 pages. I appreciate that LR don’t like to licence or are very slow to licence apps to run on Pivi Pro Or ICTP but have they also removed the licences from apps that previously worked OK in the system? I don’t see any signs of an over the air update to the car’s system and there are no blue dots on the phone screen that against recently updated apps in the App Store. The phone 4G and the cars internal data were both showing maximum signal strength too

I don't even own a mobile phone, so imagine what it means to me Rolling with laughter 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #856090 14th Sep 2020 10:09pm
AldoRay

United States 
Re: Disappeared apps from Apple Car Play
Tim in Scotland wrote:
I don’t often use Apple Car Play as I’m a Radio4 listener and get good DAB but over the weekend I wanted to use my OS app (Not the memory map app but OS’s own one) that I have previously had no problem accessing on the info touchscreen. Yesterday my ACP was only showing 2.5 pages of apps yet previously I had 4 pages. I appreciate that LR don’t like to licence or are very slow to licence apps to run on Pivi Pro Or ICTP but have they also removed the licences from apps that previously worked OK in the system? I don’t see any signs of an over the air update to the car’s system and there are no blue dots on the phone screen that against recently updated apps in the App Store. The phone 4G and the cars internal data were both showing maximum signal strength too

Tim, don’t know if you’ve answered your own question yet, but...... your post coincided with a major update to iOS and Apple Car Play. It’s possible that the apps you lost were not updated to work with the new version of Car Play, not really anything to do with LR. I wouldn’t be surprised if many of them are working now? 2020 110 SE P400
Post #869563 25th Nov 2020 4:47pm
Tim in Scotland

Cheers Aldo, I’ll take a look in the morning to see if I’ve got any back. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #869583 25th Nov 2020 6:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1