↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Faults & Fixes (L663) > Over The Air Update Software Problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Neilson

United States 
Over The Air Update Software Problem
Totally new to this forum, and adding a fault that has arisen after the new OTA update yesterday (OS 2.0.4. P3C10 installed on 15th November) to a 110 P300 Standard.
After the update, the key fob no longer allows the rear door to open when pressing the button. Before the update, everything was just fine.
Does anyone know if there is a place to share these software problems with LR and their software developers?
Post #867833 17th Nov 2020 12:43am
CarbonEvora

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Some of
the facebook groups are monitored by some helpful JLR employees. Try the All new Defenders one!
Post #868189 18th Nov 2020 9:22pm
Neilson

United States 
Thank you
Post #869286 24th Nov 2020 6:48am
Tim in Scotland

I would also suggest contacting Land Rover Customer Services who post in their own section of the forum but for overseas owners their usual response is to contact customer services in your own market, which is as usual the poor response we have come to expect from JLR. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #869296 24th Nov 2020 9:43am
Spago80

Italy 
Hi Guys, a very strange thing is happening to me: in my PiviPro I cannot see the update information, I have disconnected from the InControl account (I tried to reconnect but it gives me "unknown error") and also the system no longer connects via the internal card (it does not seem to read the Sim card) but my Incontrol Remote App continues to work normally, including remote air conditioning ... How can I remotely control if the PiviPro has no connection ??? I tried everything, including reset by holding the volume button for 20 seconds ... Do you think I could try to disconnect the battery for 40 minutes .. ??? Thanks a lot!!!😔
Post #872761 13th Dec 2020 6:28pm
Tim in Scotland

Have you done the System Reset in the “General” menu in PiviPro, not the reset that involves pressing down the on/off/ volume button on the lower dash. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #872773 13th Dec 2020 8:04pm
Spago80

Italy 
I don't have this option... maybe there is only in new version 2.0.6, i have 2.0.3....

Click image to enlarge
Post #872836 14th Dec 2020 12:19pm
Tim in Scotland

Sorry the menu is Connectivity
Step one, tap the cog wheel on the Home Screen, then tap All on the lowest toolbar and scroll down to About Connectivity

Click image to enlarge

Step 2 tap About connectivity then scroll down to the 2nd section and look for Reset Connectivity, tap it and it will reset in a few seconds.

Click image to enlarge

Go back and check now that any WiFi setting for your home system haven’t been wiped in the WiFi - connect to an external internet connection section - you may have to re-input your home router password after this reset. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #872848 14th Dec 2020 1:11pm
Spago80

Italy 
Thanks a lot!!! I have already tried to reset the connectivity but it no longer recognizes the car's internal connection; the external wifi works but the internal connection does not work, the APN field is empty and the network field (for example Vodafone etc ..) is also empty ... as if the SIM card was no longer there ...

Click image to enlarge
Post #872883 14th Dec 2020 4:45pm
Tim in Scotland

What is the signal strength for the internal data signal on the screen - mine has problems downloading if the embedded system signal strength drops below 4 bars of 4G signal strength. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #872907 14th Dec 2020 6:41pm
Spago80

Italy 
i have not signal, i can't see the icon for the internal data signal on the screen.... seems like there isn't SIM card, before that i had 2 bars of signal....
Post #872985 15th Dec 2020 8:57am
Tim in Scotland

Unfortunately it sounds like you will need a trip to the dealers to investigate it. I live in a small remote village in a National Park but we do have a 4G mobile signal as decent high speed internet over copper wire (its no so slow at 20mbs but it’s not fibre broadband). Do you get a signal strength for your mobile phone showing on the info screen when paired to the car?
I often have the situation where the car has 4G but my mobile phone on a different network doesn’t but if I go into my house the phone gets 4G back! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #873005 15th Dec 2020 10:36am
G4R1

United Kingdom 
Did any one came across with the issue below?

Basically there is no information on the software version or date. I have tried to restart the pivi a few times but no luck.

Any advice?

Click image to enlarge
 3.0L MHVE D200 S Pangea Green+Black Pack
Adv. + Off-Road and Family Packs
Post #882492 1st Feb 2021 11:23pm
SN

that basically means its never taken an update at all Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #882494 1st Feb 2021 11:34pm
Retroanaconda

Scotland 
Yep mines the same. It’s obviously a quirk of the system but until it receives an over-the-air update it will display that screen.

Cars coming out of the factory will have the latest release, whereas it will take several weeks/months to roll that out to existing cars. So it’s quite possible that you won’t see an update for many months.
Post #882496 1st Feb 2021 11:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>