↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Installing Volkswagen Touran Rear Seats in a 110 TD5
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
LRDef1590DYR

Spain 
Installing Volkswagen Touran Rear Seats in a 110 TD5
I have spent the last few days working on installing a new set of seats to replace the stock 60/40 seat in my 2006 TD5 and I'd like to share how the installation is going with all of you.

I figured that the seats in my wife's 2018 would most probably fit and after a quick measurement I confirmed that they would. My only major requirement was that I didn't want to make any modifications to the body work. I soon realized that the newer (2015+) Touran seats are in rails and this would therefore require cutting the wheels arches. The 2003 and onwards Touran seats however clip in and pivot up and therefore they were better suited. I managed to find a nice set of these seats at a local auto wrecker and made sure to take the original mounting bracket.

Click image to enlarge

After removing the stock seats, I place the mounting bracket in to the back and clipped the middle seat in. Another big advantage of these seats is that you can clip then in orb take them out in about 10 seconds per seat. The fit was rather good but the seat was a bit low and there was a bit less room than I would have liked between the front and the back seats. I modified the mounting bracket a bit to cut off 2 tabs that stuck out and also spun it around to move the mounting bars about 3 cm back.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

The next step was to remove the original side pieces which the back rest of the 60/40 seats clip to. This allowed me to move the three seats back a little bit more and higher up.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I now have to wait until Monday so that I can go and get a steel bar welded to the bottom on the mounting bracket to lift it up 9 cm. The final position of the seat will be 40 cm high and 32 cm between the back of the front seats and the front in the back seats.

I'll post more in this modification as work progresses.

All in all I am very pleased with the way things are going and am happy that I don't have to cut up any of my body work.
Post #868813 21st Nov 2020 5:41pm
Adammacky

United Kingdom 
Awesome job dude Thumbs Up
Post #868818 21st Nov 2020 5:56pm
90 Dreamer

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Looks real good

How strong are the mounting points to the vehicle as you don't want anything moving in an accident??
Post #868831 21st Nov 2020 6:27pm
LRDef1590DYR

Spain 
I'm planning on bolting everything to some brackets which will be attached directly to the chassis.
Post #868833 21st Nov 2020 6:36pm
sako243

Wales 1994 Defender 110 300 Tdi CSW Alpine White
Bear in mind in an accident you only need to account for the mass of the seat moving. The seat belt anchor points retain the occupants mass. Ed
82 Hotspur Sandringham 6x6
95 Defender 110 300Tdi
Post #868908 22nd Nov 2020 8:34am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1