↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics > Help choosing speakers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Race.it

Spain 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Alaska White
Interested, maybe if you speak to martin (forum owner) about setting up some form of group buy so people can register interest. I think on other forums sometimes what’s happened is one person gets say x sets sent to them, then they send them on, depending on shipping cost for individual/bulk amount etc. Searching for my first Defender...and started just as Covid hit, so talk about timing.

5 months after starting the search I found it, and here is the details
Post #850260 16th Aug 2020 7:08am
CDN38

Canada 2000 Defender 110 Td5 SW Bonatti Grey
Once I have it all figured I will be offering up a board group buy. I'm currently working on shipping costs and have had several people enquire about looking after distribution. it's a Landrover thing...

my renovation thread:
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40792.html
Post #850370 16th Aug 2020 5:35pm
Stacey007

United Kingdom 
I like these,

My 110 is regularly full of stuff in the back and even thought I now have focal / rockford / sub / amp etc the kids always ask me to turn it up if the camping gear is deadening the sound in the back...

So interested in these.
Post #850372 16th Aug 2020 5:46pm
LRDef1590DYR

Spain 
CDN38 wrote:
Stay tuned... I am working on bringing these to the UK and Europe. I will be happening, for certain.

Again, the more interest there is, the more I can ship at once for distribution which helps reduce the shipping cost on each individual panel. So, if you are interested, or know someone that is, please let me know.

Are you distributing these in Europe now? I would definitely be interested.
Post #866986 12th Nov 2020 8:43pm
Moneypit

2004 Defender 110 300 Tdi HT Fuji White
I'll take a set, tried making my own and failed miserably
Post #867001 12th Nov 2020 10:26pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
I contacted CDN38 a few weeks back to buy one, but I’ve not heard back in a while. Sad Diesels Lives Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️
And if You Love the Country, then we’re on the same side ~
I got’ love for Britain, I got’ British pride’. 🇬🇧
Post #867005 12th Nov 2020 11:24pm
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
CDN38 wrote:
From what I am seeing it's 20% VAT (must be hard to live that every day) and 2.5% duty for goods imported between £135 and £630. Is that was you were thinking were the applicable taxes?.

Actually CDN, you can swallow the high VAT and tax rates in the UK (indeed across Europe) as we get outstanding schools and universities free for all until PhD level; amazing road and transport infrastructure that is always repaired within a matter of hours; properly funded armed forces given only the very best kit, no need for them to buy their own; the best hospitals replete with the world's best trained doctors and nurses and access to pioneering medicines and technologies - all free to access and with absolutely no queuing for major operations; a police force that is so well funded there is a police officer on every street, 24hrs a day; free housing for all, and none of that mouldy, flammable 1960s tower-block rubbish, but the very best detached eco homes with an acre of land, and there own allotment, offering families a lifetime of happy living and security. I could go on. 20% VAT is absolutely worth it.

I might have made that all up. Whistle Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #867022 13th Nov 2020 7:10am
CDN38

Moneypit wrote:
I'll take a set, tried making my own and failed miserably

Funny thing is, it's one of those things that you think would be simple, but you get into it and start to realize there's more going on than meets the eye. Especially when you consider each truck has a different fit. Making for just 1 fit / finish or truck is only part of the challenge.

Within 2 weeks I will have pricing for the UK and more images of the panel. Also, some additional options that I think will prove to be quite popular.

Here's a Black Alston (Alcantara) I completed a few weeks ago.

Click image to enlarge
 it's a Landrover thing...

my renovation thread:
Post #867602 15th Nov 2020 8:56pm
CDN38

DONE!!

I have been working hard on securing a good shipping rate overseas, as the custom shipping box is 152cm long... and therefore subject to oversize additional costs Shocked At first I tried to re-create the panel out of multiple smaller pieces to fit in a smaller box. I just didn't like the result. The quality of these is exceptional, and I was not willing to sacrifice that. It's staying full size! So, I figured, make it even better....After always being frustrated at how poor the rear cargo lighting area is, and talking a cue from a client in Grenada, the LED option has been created. With just 3 LED's inset into the panel, it can be wired to the tail door switch to operate with the interior lights, and it brilliantly lights up the rear cargo area, step, and road surface (ever drop anything there while unloading in the dark?)

I have upholstered these in Grey match to the slate grey interior, Genuine Ripple Grey, black automotive leather, even Black Alcantara (Black Alston) even did a white one. What upholstery would you like?

These are now available, and hand made to order. for the UK and Europe. Complete install instructions, mounting hardware, upholstery and shipping to your door is included, (you supply the speakers though!) £465, complete. The LED option is available in warm, natural or cool white (natural white shown) also red, blue and amber. The LED option is £40 additional. Note... in the photo ONLY the LED's are on, ALL interior lights are off. (apologies for the clamp in the photo holding the panel in place Embarassed )

Feel free to post questions, or PM me on the speaker panel

I'll get off my soap-box now... and move any additional canvasing to the For Sale Forum.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 it's a Landrover thing...

my renovation thread:
Post #868486 20th Nov 2020 5:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12