↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > TFL update
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
julzmd

Australia 
TFL update
Update on TFLs broken Defender. They only had their Defender for only 4 days out of 20 days. I ordered one and will get it next month. I am anxious that I might get one with problems like these. Let me know what you think guys?

Post #865087 2nd Nov 2020 9:55pm
Digger2000

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Other HT Tonga Green
In all the groups I’m in I’ve seen 2 major problems 1st one was a guy in Canada but the dealership bought his car back off him and he bought another defender which has had no major problems since, the other is TFL. Everyone else having minor issues with infotainment and odd rattles in door pillars etc. In general everyone that has one seems to love it Thumbs Up
Post #865106 2nd Nov 2020 10:50pm
zilch

Australia 
Re: TFL update
julzmd wrote:
I am anxious that I might get one with problems like these. Let me know what you think guys?

There are few of us in Australia that have taken delivery over the last 8 weeks, (had mine 4) and the most issues
we are having is with the media system losing apps, requiring the odd reboot, in the main which can be sorted by
software updates.

There is an "Australian All New Defender Owners group" on facebook, if you are on FB, join the group and get some
feedback from those who have taken delivery and can provide more relevant info such as local support/ dealer
assistance etc in Australia. Have you ordered a Diesel of P400 ?? yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #865120 2nd Nov 2020 11:21pm
julzmd

Australia 
Thanks for your advise. Ordered the P400. I am actually excited for my order. Hopefully I don't get problems like these. Based on all the comments in this forum, most of you guys love your vehicle. I don't mind minor issues with the infotainment, where the fix is a simple reboot. No technology is perfect at the moment, even the new iphone 12 has wireless charging issues Neutral
Post #865128 3rd Nov 2020 1:06am
zilch

Australia 
i have not heard from any of the early adopters in Australia of any issues as yet, that has required their
car to be recalled for any major issues. Then again most of the Australian VIN numbers are in the
teen thousands and up (MY20.5 models) rather than the early manufacturing, so many of the issues in
terms of A pillar, creaky window trims etc are already sorted during manufacturing (he says hopefully) Laughing

Try here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1891561444279987 yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #865135 3rd Nov 2020 4:24am
julzmd

Australia 
Zilch

Thanks mate. I have requested to join the page. Waiting for someone to approve me Smile
Post #865138 3rd Nov 2020 5:48am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1