↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Beige Interior Looks Good but....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Dohfender

Australia 
Beige Interior Looks Good but....
Hi All,

I have just ordered a new 110 and wondering if some current owners can give some feedback on the interior materials?

I have 3x Dog Dog Dog border collies who will spend a lot of time in the Defender on weekends. I love the look of the beige/black interior combo but shied away from it because of the Dog factor, I ordered the black instead - for now Wink . Do any new owners with dogs have insights they can share?

Does the beige interior mark easily or are the fabrics/leather combo reasonably durable? Do the fabrics used on the seats attract dog hair? Are they easy to wipe down?

Also interested in hearing peoples thoughts on the khaki interior which may be a compromise between black & beige.
Post #862712 21st Oct 2020 12:51am
Tim in Scotland

I don’t own dogs but do go into muddy offroad places and end up with dirty clothes. I have the Acorn/ Beige interior and haven’t had any cleaning issues after having the seats treated with a repellent. One problem regardless of the colour that is really annoying is how easily rain water stains the edges of the seat fabric, not even dirty rain just normal rain will mark the fabric. And I have seen far worse marking in a black one than I had on Acorn as it seems to be more noticeable on black.
I now fit the LR waterproof tailored seat covers if I’m spending a day out on the hills as well as having the stain repellent.
The company that did my PPF and Ceramic paint coating did the seat fabric protection and they managed to get all the rain water stains out before treating the seats but I don’t know how they did it. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 22nd Oct 2020 9:13am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #862766 21st Oct 2020 9:51am
Dohfender

Australia 
Thanks for the insight Tim. Disappointing to hear about the rain staining, lucky(?) it doesn't rain that often here downunder Wink

One of my concerns is I had an Evoque with the beige leather and it did not age well, looked dreadful after a few years with spiderweb cracking and discoloration. But.... I just love that Defender interior in the beige! So I think I will make it work with the use of seat covers Thumbs Up

If anyone else can share any insights from owning the beige/acorn interior please share!
Post #862962 22nd Oct 2020 12:43am
Dohfender

Australia 
Just found out that my order cannot be changed now anyway, so black it is!
Post #863128 23rd Oct 2020 4:51am
julzmd

Australia 
After a long discussion with my wife. We decided to order black leather seats. Beige looks good when it’s new but with wear and tear it will look old easily. Black is the safest way to go. It’s classy as well.

Dohfender wrote:
Thanks for the insight Tim. Disappointing to hear about the rain staining, lucky(?) it doesn't rain that often here downunder Wink

One of my concerns is I had an Evoque with the beige leather and it did not age well, looked dreadful after a few years with spiderweb cracking and discoloration. But.... I just love that Defender interior in the beige! So I think I will make it work with the use of seat covers Thumbs Up

If anyone else can share any insights from owning the beige/acorn interior please share!
Post #863293 24th Oct 2020 1:05am
Dohfender

Australia 
Yes that was my original thinking too Julz, I think I black is the safest choice in the long run. I feel better now I know someone else had the same doubts on the beige as me. The beige interior on my old Evoque looked very cheap after a few years.
Do you have your defender yet, or still waiting?
Post #863294 24th Oct 2020 1:21am
julzmd

Australia 
I ordered last August. From the latest update from my dealer, he said my Defender will arrive in Aussie shores on the 5th of December. How about yours?
Post #863295 24th Oct 2020 2:05am
W84IT

United States 
I prefer the black interior. Here's the interior of my HSE...

Click image to enlarge
 Ray
2020.5 Defender 110 P400HSE
2016.5 Range Rover HSE
Post #863297 24th Oct 2020 3:34am
Dohfender

Australia 
Very nice. I don’t usually like wood grain but that looks really good. Breaks up the black nicely 👍 I’ve only ordered the SE, so all black.

Last edited by Dohfender on 24th Oct 2020 4:42am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #863300 24th Oct 2020 4:37am
Dohfender

Australia 
julzmd wrote:
I ordered last August. From the latest update from my dealer, he said my Defender will arrive in Aussie shores on the 5th of December. How about yours?

I only ordered mine around 6 weeks ago, have been given a delivery date of 05 Feb. A D300 SE 110. Never waited that long for a car before Shocked
Post #863301 24th Oct 2020 4:41am
VVS210

United Kingdom 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
I don’t own dogs but do go into muddy offroad places and end up with dirty clothes. I have the Acorn/ Beige interior and haven’t had any cleaning issues after having the seats treated with a repellent. One problem regardless of the colour that is really annoying is how easily rain water stains the edges of the seat fabric, not even dirty rain just normal rain will mark the fabric. And I have seen far worse marking in a black one than I had on Acorn as it seems to be more noticeable on black.
I now fit the LR waterproof tailored seat covers if I’m spending a day out on the hills as well as having the stain repellent.
The company that did my PPF and Ceramic paint coating did the seat fabric protection and they managed to get all the rain water stains out before treating the seats but I don’t know how they did it.

Click image to enlarge
Post #863345 24th Oct 2020 4:33pm
Digger2000

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Other HT Tonga Green
That looks terrible considering the age of the vehicle but tbh that colour is a complete no no if you’ve got dogs jumping in or doing off road
Post #863360 24th Oct 2020 5:24pm
Digger2000

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Other HT Tonga Green

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Exmoor Trim do probably the best seat covers in the business these are the premium canvas covers on a puma. I spoke to him a few weeks ago he’s working on some for the new Defender but won’t be ready until next year, they’ll be one the first aftermarket purchases on my vehicle.
Post #863361 24th Oct 2020 5:37pm
Tim in Scotland

I’ve had the Exmoor covers for my old Defender for donkeys years replaced them this year as the stitching on the seams came unstitched after 15 years use.......... replaced them with new from Exmoor this year for a fraction if the cost LR asks too. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #863389 24th Oct 2020 9:00pm
Dohfender

Australia 
VVS210 wrote:
Tim in Scotland wrote:
The company that did my PPF and Ceramic paint coating did the seat fabric protection and they managed to get all the rain water stains out before treating the seats but I don’t know how they did it.

Click image to enlarge

Wow, that’s nasty!! So glad I’ve ordered the black now. That’s nearly to the point where I’d be asking the dealer to do something. They probably wouldn’t....but I’d be asking Wink MY21 110 D300SE DEFENDER
MY17 3.0D R-SPORT F-PACE
Post #863420 25th Oct 2020 4:45am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>