↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Lane Assist Help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
doctorusa

United States 
Lane Assist Help
is it possible to get just a audible warning for the lane assist without it being active and helping the car back into the lane- been playing with settings and can't get it. Thanks
Post #861954 16th Oct 2020 5:26pm
W84IT

United States 
I was wondering the same thing. Mine has the Lane Keep Assist as well and I think I would rather have the Lane Departure Warning. I don't think the 2 can be combined Ray
2020.5 Defender 110 P400HSE
2016.5 Range Rover HSE

Last edited by W84IT on 29th Oct 2020 6:53pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #862252 18th Oct 2020 12:46pm
eelpout

United States 
Re: Lane Assist Help
doctorusa wrote:
is it possible to get just a audible warning for the lane assist without it being active and helping the car back into the lane- been playing with settings and can't get it. Thanks

I have a MY17 Discovery, wonder if they changed it (mine has some OEM Bosch unit I believe), because on mine you can change from steering control to a simple vibration of the wheel instead.

The US Defender manual is here and it doesn't mention anything about being able to change it. Hmmm.
Post #864301 29th Oct 2020 6:45pm
Tim in Scotland

You can disable the system so that it only switches on when you want it. It took a bit of fiddling in the settings but mine is off and doesn’t need turning off with every restart and I can enable it immediately with the steering wheel controller. It won’t vibrate the wheel though when it’s off.
I wanted it off because I have loads of very narrow but not single track roads where I live and often have to straddle the central white lines or drive with the oases gear side almost in the ditch, with the system operational it kept trying to drive me into the ditch automatically Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #864325 29th Oct 2020 8:38pm
eelpout

United States 
I'm hoping they updated the lane keep system with the intro of the new Defender, because the one I have is a bit unpredictable. Sad
Post #864326 29th Oct 2020 8:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1