↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > 2020 Defender main discussion thread
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 286 of 351 <123 ... 285286287 ... 349350351>
Print this entire topic · 
LRSpain004

Spain 
Rolling with laughter JLR should be ashamed of themselves.... $55K ands 167 miles
DSC-off wrote:
14 hours later...

Shocked
Post #860749 9th Oct 2020 11:16pm
Tim in Scotland

They won’t give a monkey’s about the car, in their eyes it’s the dealership’s problem...... but if you go to YouTube and read the comments from all those potential customers that is really what should be worrying them. Those guys traded in a high miler faultless D3 against it and that must be galling for them that what is supposed to be an engine that has had a lot of build experience still gives problems to a few customers but those are high profile customers with big media followings who can do a lot of damage to a company. Let’s hope that it is fixed very quickly. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #860767 10th Oct 2020 7:33am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Is it the same dealership they've been featuring in their earlier videos? if so, I'd imagine they'd get preferential treatment there and get a resolution, or at least a full diagnosis, pretty quickly.

I'd think for many potential US customers, the damage was done as soon as the video went up. Having done their due diligence on the brand, this will just be a case of positive reinforcement.
Post #860785 10th Oct 2020 8:30am
Naks

South Africa 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
Tim in Scotland wrote:
I wonder if it’s the same GPF issue PowerfulUK had..........

I thought exactly the same! (great minds and all that Rolling with laughter ) --
2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ
Post #860786 10th Oct 2020 8:30am
Supacat

Wasn't their's more intermittent and only showed after mid-level acceleration?
Post #860788 10th Oct 2020 8:33am
Supacat

SteveG wrote:
I see that LR are still subsidizing US sales with profits from UK and Europe 🙄 Price starts at $50K vs £45K, so a £7K discount for shipping it 3000+ miles...

Don't forget JLR hedge significant sums and are involved in foreign currency borrowings, so it may not be as simple to unwind the conversion as just using today's buy/sell rate.
Post #860795 10th Oct 2020 9:01am
Supacat

Naks wrote:
the one about Sally Morphy is famous: https://www.millsoakley.com.au/thinking/wh...nge-rover/

Here's the 2nd case quoted:

https://www.queenslandjudgments.com.au/case/id/344581

Seems Australian law has some good consumer rights, looking at some of the posts on here, they would look to be slam dunk full refunds ~ and so the dealer/importer has to deal with a 2nd hand vehicle with questionable history and the financial consequences associated.

I bet that would help JLR sharpen their game.
Post #860904 10th Oct 2020 7:09pm
zilch

Australia 
a few more cases, the actions against LR are certainly not isolated in Oz, many of the Australian states have lemon laws
which makes it that bit easier to go after manufacturers.. Interesting in the Mazda case where you have the Federal
government regulator going after Mazda

https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/mazd...sentations

and a more recent class action launched against Toyota, based upon the good old DPF issues many manufacturers
are finding very difficult to overcome

http://bannisterlaw.com.au/toyota-class-action-investigation yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #860919 10th Oct 2020 10:39pm
Supacat

The proceedings against Mazda were last October ~ have things moved on from there yet?

The class action against Toyota also draws parallels to discussions on here with regard to dpf systems. Interesting to see that whether you join the class action or not, you can be bound by the decision; and it appears a UK-based litigation funder that has agreed to provide finance to support the proceedings.

Last edited by Supacat on 11th Oct 2020 7:11am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #860923 11th Oct 2020 6:58am
Tim in Scotland

One thing I’m surprised with in my car is how little Adblu / DEF fluid I’m using. I’ve never had a car with it before and from what I’ve read in Evoque and RRS forums those cars have been mainlining the stuff. I’m now up to 3700miles on the odo and when I checked the DEF level yesterday I still had around 4600 miles range of DEF left in the tank a month ago it was showing around 5000 miles range left. My driving style with hardly any town stop/start driving and running the car fully warmed up on fast A Roads and motorways and no trips shorter than 5 miles must be helping. On a couple of frosty days recently I’ve also used the remote start to preheat the cabin to 23c, so I was expecting much higher DEF consumption than this. I’m pretty sure it’s done a DPF regen as on at least one occasion I’ve smelled an unpleasant burning smell coming into the cabin that definitely wasn’t muck spreading farmers around here! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #860924 11th Oct 2020 7:10am
zilch

Australia 
Seems to a lack of updates on the Mazda case or it is not widely accessible yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #860926 11th Oct 2020 7:18am
J77

Scotland 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
One thing I’m surprised with in my car is how little Adblu / DEF fluid I’m using. I’ve never had a car with it before and from what I’ve read in Evoque and RRS forums those cars have been mainlining the stuff. I’m now up to 3700miles on the odo and when I checked the DEF level yesterday I still had around 4600 miles range of DEF left in the tank a month ago it was showing around 5000 miles range left. My driving style with hardly any town stop/start driving and running the car fully warmed up on fast A Roads and motorways and no trips shorter than 5 miles must be helping. On a couple of frosty days recently I’ve also used the remote start to preheat the cabin to 23c, so I was expecting much higher DEF consumption than this. I’m pretty sure it’s done a DPF regen as on at least one occasion I’ve smelled an unpleasant burning smell coming into the cabin that definitely wasn’t muck spreading farmers around here!

From my experience they don’t use a lot of adblue, get about 7000 miles from my Velar. They use a bit more than they used to though as emissions have gotten tighter, my D4 was good for 12000-13000 miles.
Post #860944 11th Oct 2020 9:27am
Supacat

Rashers wrote:
Looks as if the JLR publicity department have been kicked again.

The new James Bond Film release date has now been put back to April 2021.

You can’t blame them for doing this but the rate this is going, there will be a face lift model before the film gets released.

Must be really frustrating for them as this would have really got the new Defender out there.

Not sure if this is JLR on an alternative tack?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/12895058/l...me-to-die/

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #860954 11th Oct 2020 11:54am
SwitzerLandy

Switzerland 
StructuralDefect wrote:
Now that the wheels have been blackened I will be getting my silver "bits" (as y'all say) painted black. Have a quote for 1000 bucks to do it which feels super reasonable to me.

Click image to enlarge

Like your black spare wheel cover. I guess it's from the old Defender models. Do you have a part no. of it?
BTW, got my silver bits blackened for about 1000 $ too.
Post #861396 13th Oct 2020 4:02pm
zilch

Australia 
some speculation of an inline 6 cylinder testing in the wilds of the US..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnWeZNzDv-...Szjli5ONyk yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #861484 14th Oct 2020 4:07am
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 286 of 351 <123 ... 285286287 ... 349350351>