↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Pricing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
walfy

Pricing
I'm possibly in the market for a new Defender early next year but have a bucket load of bits that will be removed from my current 110 USW.
Reason for removal, it's a company car and it then gets a bit complicated trying to sell the car and then the company buys the parts from me. So it's easier to strip and sell separately.
But how do you value them? The patriot rack seems to be £800 all day long, a used rack doesn't seem to lose much value, but the rest is causing me issues.
So is a base line of 50% of new acceptable or do I need to research and price inline with what others are asking.
Parts list includes, cubbybox, extended fueltank, Webasto airtop, steering wheel with the orange security boss thingy, winch and bumper. Plus a load of other bits, that I haven't fitted like genuine privacy glass for second row doors. Still in box 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #859189 1st Oct 2020 8:03pm
familymad

2016 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
I think the rack is £400 all day long

First dibs Rolling with laughter 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #859191 1st Oct 2020 8:26pm
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
I don't think you can apply a baseline to such a diverse mix of parts. It will depend on the desirability of them individually. Do everything that you can to help your sales though - decent pictures and offer postage where practical. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #859192 1st Oct 2020 8:35pm
v8bob

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Nato Green
I think the 50% of todays new price is a good base. Assuming the parts are very good useable condition with all bits.
Some parts are always sought after and worth more, but other parts are so available you can’t get rid.

Wheels for instance can be expensive new, but some are so abundant or not wanted they are not worth much.
Tyres, (I think), once 5 or more years old are worth very little, But some think they are worth as much as new ones purely based on mileage or tread depth.
Post #859273 2nd Oct 2020 8:56am
walfy

All parts are in a very good condition. I don't treat my Defender as a showroom queen but it does get used. But I'd say in general the parts coming off would be classed as very good condition.
I need to start the process of making a list of what I have to remove and work out if the time taken to remove and refit the original is worth the effort.
Wheels and tyres are original, not tyres they have been replaced but I specced the optional wheels and saw no need to change them.
Just speaking with the accountant now about the compliance of the new 110 hardtop as a true commercial for tax and BiK reasons.
This will be the deciding factor if I can afford to change or not 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #859796 4th Oct 2020 5:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1