↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Technical > Oma airconditioning retrofit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Niels906

Netherlands 
Oma airconditioning retrofit
How hard is it to install an airconditioning in a Puma Defender? Would it be possible to find the required items second hand? Any tips on where to find the required items for the best price?

Thanks,

Niels
Post #854811 7th Sep 2020 7:51pm
MatLandy

France 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Zermatt Silver
You may have a look at a this company https://www.coolairlogan.co.uk/ they do all types of AC kits for Defenders,
I have been personally looking into their rear unit which can be installed in place of the cubby box,
still need to find the cash for it though …

Mat
Post #855435 11th Sep 2020 8:07am
Niels906

Netherlands 
Thanks, in all fairness I'm still a prospective buyer but I'm wondering whether or not I should make an AC a requirement or not. Thought I might do a retrofit, maybe even secondhand.

Thanks for the tip.
Post #855555 11th Sep 2020 8:19pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
I’ve retrofitted ac on a puma before, pretty straightforward, the whole dash needs to come out, easy really.
Post #855564 11th Sep 2020 9:18pm
HardCharger

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
MatLandy wrote:
You may have a look at a this company https://www.coolairlogan.co.uk/ they do all types of AC kits for Defenders,
I have been personally looking into their rear unit which can be installed in place of the cubby box,

Mat

I'm also considering one of these units and am already trying to figure out how to install some other goodies onto the box as well, like the switches to the rear power windows and changing out the USB socket to a Bluesea high capacity twin USB socket like I plan to install in front so at least 4 people (for now) can charge their phones and other stuff at the same time. Thumbs Up
Post #855585 12th Sep 2020 6:58am
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
MatLandy wrote:

Mat

I’ve been looking at this as I think in a DC’s compact cabin it’ll work brilliantly in winter and in summer, and indeed in such a way that i wouldn’t need to turn on the front Heater/AC and have hot or cold air blasting our faces or burning our shins.

But it worth mentioning that for any of their systems, you still need the full fan/condenser/pipework set up as per a normal Puma. I think they can supply it if a Puma is ‘sans’ AC, but either way you’re into the engine bay and behind the dash as mentioned by Greeni. I’ve part fitted a full AM system which I bought from Devon 4x4. https://www.devon4x4.com/air-con-kit-new-def.html Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #855592 12th Sep 2020 7:17am
MatLandy

France 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Zermatt Silver
Indeed, the Coolair Logan rear AC unit is an add-on and "plugs" into the original LR front AC pipework.
Good thing is that the heater part (optional) is fully electric so should deliver heat immediately as you don't have to wait for the engine to warm up in winter.
I have seen on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/coolairlogan/ they now have a single storage unit that looks more factory like. Much nicer than the double storage unit one can see on their website. Now I'm really tempted.

Mat
Post #855640 12th Sep 2020 12:07pm
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Ooh, that is smart. Always thought the twin armrest set up looked odd. And they’ve got an auto version which is another great excuse to do the M57 conversion.... Thumbs Up Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #855653 12th Sep 2020 2:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1