↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > First Australia road test possibly
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
zilch

Australia 
First Australia road test possibly
well it seems the journo's in Australia are now getting their hands on the vehicle to test..

https://motofomo.com.au/reviews/land-rover...-RJZ17MU5Q yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #852534 28th Aug 2020 8:07am
Tim in Scotland

The writer states that the rear seats cannot be folded flat - they can if you lift the seat base first in the 5 seat version, they cannot in the 7 seat because of the need to have a sliding mechanism that permits access to the 3rd row kiddy seats

How flat do you want the load bay?
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #852535 28th Aug 2020 8:28am
familymad

2016 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
Re: First Australia road test possibly
zilch wrote:
well it seems the journo's in Australia are now getting their hands on the vehicle to test..

https://motofomo.com.au/reviews/land-rover...-RJZ17MU5Q

So unfair they get “In terms of warranty, Land Rover is carrying on its five-year, unlimited kilometre warranty, as well as five-year service plans which include five-years of road-side assistance.” 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #852545 28th Aug 2020 9:16am
Naks

South Africa 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
^ also standard in ZA on all JLRs Thumbs Up --
2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ
Post #852549 28th Aug 2020 9:27am
Tim in Scotland

We get 3 years or 100,000 miles here, maybe cars for overseas markets are better built and more reliable than cars for the European market! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #852565 28th Aug 2020 10:53am
zilch

Australia 
familymad wrote:
So unfair they get “In terms of warranty, Land Rover is carrying on its five-year, unlimited kilometre warranty, as well as five-year service plans which include five-years of road-side assistance.”

3 years standard in 🇦🇺, JLR Aus are offering incentives on all models, the extra 2 years will be
an insurance based policy from Allianz, not a manufacturers warranty, so highly diluted, and that
includes the roadside assistance which will have significant limitations vs Land Rover assist you get
in the first 3 years.. yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #852570 28th Aug 2020 11:29am
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Don’t forget that the ‘five year service plan’ equals only two dealer services as the service intervals are two years apart.

Marketing people justifying their worth again. For my wife’s last three cars it was a £500 option, so effectively you pay for one service, get the next free and replace the car in year three.......

In the UK at least it does include free Ad Blue top ups though to be honest sometimes it’s quicker to do it yourself depending how far you are from a dealer.
Post #852617 28th Aug 2020 1:41pm
Tim in Scotland

And especially when the dealer wants you to book the car in all day just for a DEF refill and cannot schedule the 10 minutes or less that it takes to refill it’s little tank.

Today I collected my old 90 from the village garage, it was actually ready to collect last night and they told me that even with an annual service (only 1100 miles but 12 months since the last) and MOT as well as fitting a full set of new NAS lights for me, they were able to say when I booked it in that it would be ready by 5pm, just that I wasn’t able to collect it then due to an another commitment. Local LR dealer I have to be there at 8am yet they cannot even tell me that the car will be ready to collect the next day let alone today and with no loan car needed they get upset when I tell them that due to the bus schedules from the back of beyond to them I need to know by 3pm when to collect the car to be able to get to them before they close at 6pm............ Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #852621 28th Aug 2020 1:52pm
emorgans

2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
[/quote]

TIM - what’s the part number for that rubber load space mat can’t find it anywhere, but need something over the hard plastic flooring that the dogs can’t grip onto and get thrown around.
Post #852812 29th Aug 2020 3:24am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
zilch

Australia 
this may help..

Click image to enlarge
 yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #852814 29th Aug 2020 5:17am
Dharbison

Australia 2016 Defender 110 300 Tdi SW Cairns Blue
zilch wrote:
familymad wrote:
So unfair they get “In terms of warranty, Land Rover is carrying on its five-year, unlimited kilometre warranty, as well as five-year service plans which include five-years of road-side assistance.”

3 years standard in 🇦🇺, JLR Aus are offering incentives on all models, the extra 2 years will be
an insurance based policy from Allianz, not a manufacturers warranty, so highly diluted, and that
includes the roadside assistance which will have significant limitations vs Land Rover assist you get
in the first 3 years..

I check with my dealer - it’s actually a fully factory backed 5 year warranty:)
Post #852815 29th Aug 2020 5:51am
Tim in Scotland

emorgans wrote:
TIM - what’s the part number for that rubber load space mat can’t find it anywhere, but need something over the hard plastic flooring that the dogs can’t grip onto and get thrown around.

I’ll check later when it gets fully daylight but I’m certain mine doesn’t have the bumper protector as I’ve taken it out several times and not noticed any flap of material hanging underneath. Maybe I have a “collectible” and they’ve changed the design because that fabric cloth would be useful for stopping scratches on the top surface of the bumper.
I agree, the hard p,attic checker plate-a-like is very slippery, I asked the dealer to supply the mat when I ordered the car because I carry two boxes of strops and recovery kit in the boot and noticed on the test drive that there was something sliding around in the demo car’s boot, it was the spare wheel cover box for the car! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #852816 29th Aug 2020 6:19am
zilch

Australia 
Dharbison wrote:
I check with my dealer - it’s actually a fully factory backed 5 year warranty:)

i need to speak to mine then, as the website is quite specific, 3 year / 100K KM's and 2 year
Land Rover Insurance extended (underwritten by Allianz) They have been offering to waive the extended
warranty costs if you buy new between certain dates..

You may want to get that also in writing from your dealer..not as if LR dealers have not misinformed
us punters in the past Laughing Whistle yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #852817 29th Aug 2020 6:50am
pbhawkin

Australia 
I have RSVP'ed (twice) to a test drive at the LR track near Lithgow. LR sent out the first invite and then 2 days later my dealer sent out the same one! That was Monday and then Wednesday last week and no replay as to if I have a place for the date I wanted:-(
Post #852823 29th Aug 2020 7:37am
Tim in Scotland

The part number moulded into my loadsptace rubber mat is VPLES0566 but a google search only brings up the one with the fabric extension. I notice that there are 2 press studs on the underside of mine where the fabric bit might be attatched....... I wonder if a highly qualified LR “technician” employed to fit it before the car was delivered threw the protector away as not need? Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #852824 29th Aug 2020 7:56am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>