↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics (L663) > Clock
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Clock
Twice now when I’ve been out on the hills out of phone/mobile internet coverage I’ve noticed that the clocks on the info screen and dash both revert to UTC/GMT, as soon as you get back into coverage it corrects itself to BST. My mobile phone didn’t revert to GMT/UTC so the clock must use the data SIM to align the clocks.
It will,be interesting in the autumn to see if it automatically changes from summer time to UTC when the clocks go back, because it will be the first modern Land Rover I’ve owned since my Freelander1 in 2001 that hasn’t needed me to adjust the clock manually - my Freelander1 did it because I had the accessory built-in Becker navigation system that used RDS to align the clock to local time. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #849018 10th Aug 2020 11:50am
J77

Scotland 
My Velar adjusts the clocks itself, I would assume the Defender will be the same.

Speaking of clocks, I do like the analogue clock on the digital dash.
Post #849020 10th Aug 2020 11:56am
alantd

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Tim - this is a known issue.

Mine does it, my brother-in-law's does it and my dealer's showroom cars do it.

One of several software bugs that'll get ironed out. I haven't worked out all the rules around when it does it but I think sometimes it takes a while to initialise internet connection. When that happens, I think it falls back to GMT and hence an hour out (although mine briefly went to GMT+2 this morning).

I'm logging all the bugs I get with the software and have fed a bunch of them back to LR for their engineers. I'd expect that PIVI Pro will become the backbone of the next line of vehicle updates for LR so they'll be investing in its continual development. I guess we should see some of those trickle through in OTA updates.

Maybe we should start a forum here to collate the bugs and then feed them back as a crowdsourced, rear-world testing programme! One that started out as a 2.4 TDCi 110 XS
+ New Defender 110 First Edition
Post #849031 10th Aug 2020 12:44pm
Tim in Scotland

Thanks AlanTD, there was a post on Saturday I think that mentioned a “recall” for PriviPro and another for a steering issue.

Good that you have contact with the iT guys, I have a suggestion for the next version/ update of the app. My last car was a Mini Countryman PHEV with the full on BMW media system. One very useful feature with that was the app was linked to Apple/google maps and I could plan a trip using the app on my phone or iPad and export it to the car Through the app so it was ready and waiting in the navigation when I wanted to start the trip. I don’t understand why LR don’t think of these things, mind you yesterday morning it was 8c here when I was having breakfast and the remote start function in the app Meant I went up to a warmed up engine and cabin. I’ve previously had Park Heat in RRS and FFRR and it wasn’t nearly as good at pre-warming the car as the remote start. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #849088 10th Aug 2020 3:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1