↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > Rear recovery eyes for L663 Defender
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Rear recovery eyes for L663 Defender
I have just returned fuming from my local dealers parts department where I was told that I cannot purchase, and the dealer would not fit, two pcs Rear Recovery Eye part number LR139442. The assistant advised me that these part “are not meant for your car”. If this is the case kindly advise the correct part number.

I don’t want to use the screw in rear towing eye for off-road work as I believe that is not its intended use.

I have also sent a PM through the forum to you about this with the cars details on it Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #845907 25th Jul 2020 12:15pm
90 Dreamer

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
appear to be available online from a quick google..........

https://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php?xPr...currency=4
Post #845914 25th Jul 2020 12:46pm
Tim in Scotland

Yes, that’s where I have seen them and got the part number from,but it seems odd that I could buy them for a Defender X with the VIN from a model yet to be built but same car but lower spec and you cannot buy them from LR! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #845918 25th Jul 2020 1:02pm
Geedubu187

United Kingdom 
You could always try Powerful UK who have them on their website and also did a video on YouTube on fitting them
Graham
Post #846643 28th Jul 2020 1:06pm
Tim in Scotland

I’m still waiting for a reply from LRCS as to why they are available from my local dealer because they aren’t meant to be fitted to my model. I’ll probably end up going to PowerfulUK and getting the local indie to fit them anyway. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #846650 28th Jul 2020 1:32pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
So did you never get an answer?
Post #855591 12th Sep 2020 8:11am
Tim in Scotland

Yes, according to LRCS dealership had found a glitch in the parts catalogue which prevented them ordering and fitting to any model than the X, it’s now fixed, my recovery rings are waiting in the parts department for fitting in two weeks time along with replacement of my A pillar trims that have now also arrived at the dealership but I cannot get a slot in the workshop due to work load in the dealership - physical distancing and anti-Covid restrictions are creating a back log of work there. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #855602 12th Sep 2020 8:44am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1