Home > General & Technical (L663) > Problems with HSE 240
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
LakesM

England 2015 Defender 110 300 Tdi XS CSW Barolo Black
Problems with HSE 240
Hello,

On 9th July I bought a new Defender HSE 240. Within days several electrical faults. Firstly reporting itself as stolen, then reporting a flat battery and not connecting to the internet via mobile network or the Wi-fi when connected at home.

Returned to dealers after 72 hours. In workshop for four days. Offered a replacement which is on the way from the factory.

I drove the car c 700 miles and loved it. I am seriously wondering whether to accept the replacement which is due back with me in next 48 hours.

I had new evoque, new RR sport and new discovery all as first editions and never had any problem like this. Has anyone else experienced any of these issues? I don’t really want the hassle of a replacement then having the same issues?
Post #846236 26th Jul 2020 8:44pm
MrEleven

Scotland 
I had a issue with land rover thinking mine was being stolen but got system updated in under two hours and been fine since.
Post #846237 26th Jul 2020 8:49pm
Tim in Scotland

I’ve had the same security issue but a software update during the week has fixed it. What was disappointing was to find this morning that after having a replacement rear passenger door window seal fitted there was again a puddle on the rear offside passenger door pull and a dribble of water coming out of the door card below the body colours bit of the door this morning after rain overnight.......... Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #846252 26th Jul 2020 9:45pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Re: Problems with HSE 240
LakesM wrote:
Offered a replacement which is on the way from the factory.

Did they say why yours was unfixable?
Post #846312 27th Jul 2020 9:45am
LRSpain004

Spain 
Re: Problems with HSE 240
LakesM wrote:
Hello,

On 9th July I bought a new Defender HSE 240. Within days several electrical faults. Firstly reporting itself as stolen, then reporting a flat battery and not connecting to the internet via mobile network or the Wi-fi when connected at home.

Returned to dealers after 72 hours. In workshop for four days. Offered a replacement which is on the way from the factory.

I drove the car c 700 miles and loved it. I am seriously wondering whether to accept the replacement which is due back with me in next 48 hours.

I had new evoque, new RR sport and new discovery all as first editions and never had any problem like this. Has anyone else experienced any of these issues? I don’t really want the hassle of a replacement then having the same issues?

What I find curious is that they must have found a fatal issue with a system and feel is not repairable to suggest replacing it without a fight, at only 700 miles? All that talk of a new level of quality. If the components are substandard it will show and seems to be, not just on this vehicle but others also (Powerful UK). Peoples jobs depend of these cars selling so I hope they short their S*** out.
Post #846443 27th Jul 2020 5:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1