↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics (L663) > SOTA It's begun...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
SOTA It's begun...
So even before any are in customer hands:

Click image to enlarge

Joan Serra Tur (@JoanSerraTur) Tweeted:

Amazed with the technology in the #newdefender šŸ‘ŒšŸ¼ Got new software over the air while a quick coffee stop & super excited with the new Beta parking apps I tried šŸ˜ƒ

#teamdefender #technology #connectedcar #futureishere https://t.co/ftUdKdWUYU https://twitter.com/JoanSerraTur/status/1236309843482423297?s=20
Post #818695 7th Mar 2020 8:06pm
J77

Scotland 
Iā€™ve done a few on the Velar. Pretty quick to download and install.

Suppose the Defender software will still be going through development stages, I hope itā€™s better than incontrol or incompetent as I call it, touch pro. Which has been a nightmare on the Velar, there is a special place reserved in hell for the guys that developed it.
Post #818697 7th Mar 2020 8:15pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
The photo strongly suggests that the driver was using a hand-held phone whilst driving.
Post #818707 7th Mar 2020 9:01pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Should we not be more concerned that a JLR employee is actively using their mobile phone at the wheel...

I am sure HR would like to have a word Whistle
Post #818710 7th Mar 2020 9:09pm
Sulisuli

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
A passenger may have been using his phone Wink 2015 HT XS 90
2008 SVX 90
2000 XS TD5 90
Post #818711 7th Mar 2020 9:10pm
J77

Scotland 
Though it doesnā€™t make much difference as itā€™s at a junction but heā€™s stationary.
Post #818712 7th Mar 2020 9:11pm
90 Dreamer

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Still totally illegal UK wise.......

Was speaking to a rep the other day and if they get caught using a mobile whilst driving they face instant dismissal......
Post #818716 7th Mar 2020 9:27pm
ibexman

United Kingdom 
markb110 wrote:
Should we not be more concerned that a JLR employee is actively using their mobile phone at the wheel...

I am sure HR would like to have a word Whistle

Get a life you lot Whistle
Post #818731 8th Mar 2020 1:47am
RDR

United Kingdom 
So far so good with SOTA on my d5 itā€™s 6 months old now and received 2 upgrades. You can turn auto upgrade off if your worried about issues. Guess if your in the middle nowhere itā€™s could be prudent if you donā€™t want to risk it you have the option. 110 MY23.5 X Dynamic HSE
RR MY23 HSE PHEV
D5 MY19 HSE - Now Sold
D4 MY16 HSE Luxury - Now Sold
D4 MY12 HSE - Gone
D3 MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten
Post #818734 8th Mar 2020 5:17am
m3vert

Scotland 2011 Defender 110 2.5 TD PU Stornoway Grey
J77 wrote:
Iā€™ve done a few on the Velar. Pretty quick to download and install.

Suppose the Defender software will still be going through development stages, I hope itā€™s better than incontrol or incompetent as I call it, touch pro. Which has been a nightmare on the Velar, there is a special place reserved in hell for the guys that developed it.

I haven't done any updates myself on the wifes Velar, however they called it into Pentland Edinburgh for an essential software update and at last they have installed Apple Car Play (think that's what its called) so there is no longer any need to use the crap they call incontrol apps or no control as I called it!! Dreadful dreadful software that has never worked as designed! If you haven't had it done give Pentland a call and ask for it as its a massive improvement and is the same as I use in the 110DCPU Smile
Post #818736 8th Mar 2020 6:52am
J77

Scotland 
I had a big update a few months back and I made sure they gave me Apple CarPlay and Iā€™ve never used LRs system since. The chances are I wonā€™t use the system in the new Defender either.
Post #818761 8th Mar 2020 9:52am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Garmin suffers global blackout
As a partial aside to SOTA:

Garmin suffers global blackout due to suspected ransomware attack

"Fitness tracking and GPS giant Garmin has experienced a global outage that has shut down its website, affected production lines but also prevented users uploading activities.

The issue began on Thursday evening with all of Garmin's internal and external channels going down, including the Connect app that acts as a user bridge between Garmin devices and third-party apps such as Strava.

It was then reported by ZDNet that Garmin fell victim to a ransomware attack, a form of cyber hack that sees hackers hold a company's data hostage until paid a sum for its return.

In a statement posted on Garmin's website and the Connect app, it confirmed the blackout of communications.

'We are currently experiencing an outage that affects Garmin.com and Garmin Connect. This outage also affects our call centres, and we are currently unable to receive any calls, emails or online chats,' the statement said.

'We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible and apologize for this inconvenience.'

With the apparent hack affecting all forms of communication, Garmin has also been unable to provide any further information.

Beyond bike GPS units and lights, Garmin is also one of the world's biggest manufacturers of car sat navs, hiking trackers, aviation and boat navigation systems."
https://www.cyclist.co.uk/news/8492/garmin...are-attack
Post #845743 24th Jul 2020 4:21pm
Tim in Scotland

Privi-Pro is so much better I havenā€™t used ACP since taking delivery. Privi-Pro though requires ACP to connected by cable at the moment, hopefully there will be an OTA upgrade to make it connect wirelessly to a smartphone Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place wonā€™t be missed!
Post #845745 24th Jul 2020 4:31pm
J77

Scotland 
Iā€™m sure I read on here somewhere that an update to make it wireless is coming. I use ACP all the time on Velar as incontrol or incompetent, as I call it, touch pro is rubbish. Though I do use the cars own sat nav just so i can view on the dash.
Post #845758 24th Jul 2020 5:25pm
defender9

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
Tim in Scotland wrote:
Privi-Pro is so much better I havenā€™t used ACP since taking delivery. Privi-Pro though requires ACP to connected by cable at the moment, hopefully there will be an OTA upgrade to make it connect wirelessly to a smartphone

Pivi-Pro, ACP, OTA, you guys are speaking a different language to me Rolling with laughter
Post #845760 24th Jul 2020 5:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>