↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Spotted > My first definite new 110
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Joe the Plumber

2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 HT Fuji White
My first definite new 110
A white one, heading towards Wigston (in Leicestershire) on Newton Lane early this afternoon.

It didn't look too bad, albeit I only saw it for a few seconds.

They didn't wave (but I was in a friend's Ford Fiesta!)
Post #844125 16th Jul 2020 6:59pm
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
I am feeling a bit left out Rolling Eyes

I haven't seen one yet - even in a showroom as Inchcape decided to launch the car without sending me an invite Whistle

Have done about 500 miles in the last couple of days in the Defender. A14, A1, haven't seen one - unless of course they have passed me by, and I just didn't realise it? I definitely haven't pulled up behind one. Just as well as they probably have better brakes than my 110, but then most things have Laughing

I expect I will see one in time. I have actually seen more Velars around in the last couple of days and I hardly ever see any of those about my way?
Post #844131 16th Jul 2020 8:00pm
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
I passed one this week up by Stow-on--the-wold on the Fosse way... it just blended in to all the other euro boxes.
Post #844133 16th Jul 2020 8:07pm
Tim in Scotland

It’s still a rare sight around Central Scotland and certainly attracts a lot of attention - get flashed headlights, pointing, thumbs up from other road users and Classic Defender drivers and with our local Sainsbury being about a mile from the livestock auction mart whenever I come out of the store there will be several Classic Defenders with 3 axle Ivor Williams livestock trailers parked not far away and people looking into the car. General reaction is that they love it as a replacement for a Disco4 but the interior is far too nice for sitting in after being out in the fields or up to the knees in a slurry pit. Even with the hard plastic plated floor and seat covers on!
A local farmer with a basic D200 S he runs on AT’s and with the e-diff has asked me if I want to follow him over his fields at the weekend, I’ll be on the All Seasons and no e-diff and the weather forecast is to be a bit damp. It will be an interesting day!
So far nobody has been in the least bit negative about it, even those that say it isn’t a replacement for their Defenders like it. I have to agree it isn’t a Classic Defender replacement it is a less (slightly) luxury Disco5. Many farmers around here still run D3, D4, TD5 Defenders (don’t see many Puma in farmers hands here) and D5 and don’t seem to find the amount of tech in it to be a problem. I know it isn’t a Classic Defender replacement - I still have my TDi300 90 sat on the drive with the new one blocking it in........ Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #844138 16th Jul 2020 8:24pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
I have seen two, one "90" and one "110", here in deepest Dorset, but ironically both sightings were before it went on sale. Since it went on sale I haven't seen a single one.
Post #844142 16th Jul 2020 8:44pm
LR90XS2011

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
see loads around Solihull

I'm bored with them now DEFENDER 90 TDCI XS,

I hope everyone is well and your land rovers make you happy
Post #844145 16th Jul 2020 8:49pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
^^^ I was bored with them long before I first saw one. Laughing
Post #844158 16th Jul 2020 9:12pm
defender9

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
I was at my local Indy the other day and they had a 110 tucked away behind some other vehicles, I managed to squeeze around to have a look. Is it me or are they huge, it looked much bigger than a RR/ Discovery but it was difficult to assess from the position I saw it.
Post #844196 17th Jul 2020 7:56am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
blackwolf wrote:
I have seen two, one "90" and one "110", here in deepest Dorset, but ironically both sightings were before it went on sale. Since it went on sale I haven't seen a single one.

All back at the dealers, with parts on backorder?
Post #844307 17th Jul 2020 5:52pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Tim in Scotland wrote:
So far nobody has been in the least bit negative about it, even those that say it isn’t a replacement for their Defenders like it.

To be fair it takes a special kind of knob, to tell a new owner to their face, everything that's wrong with their vehicle, rather like standing there and telling them why they don't think much of their Missus.
Post #844310 17th Jul 2020 5:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1