Home > General & Technical (L663) > Brakes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
AndrewS

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 SW Rimini Red
Brakes
The brakes are very very sharp, turns out the are made of electricity Shocked
Granny lost her false teeth the first time I used the brakes. you soon get used to them. 130's have feeling's as well you know Smile
Post #843660 14th Jul 2020 2:06pm
Tim in Scotland

Yes, but granny will get used to them...... Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #843662 14th Jul 2020 2:09pm
MrEleven

Scotland 
Rolling with laughter Yea i noticed that right away, breaks are super sensitive
Post #843669 14th Jul 2020 2:47pm
Naks

South Africa 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
reminds me of our Audi A3s - everytime someone else borrowed the car, we stood by and watched while they stopped 4m short of our street's Stop sign Rolling with laughter --
2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ
Post #843673 14th Jul 2020 3:09pm
J77

Scotland 
A lot of journalists commented on the brakes and LR said it would be addressed for production, obviously not

I suppose it will sort the tailgaters out Laughing
Post #843677 14th Jul 2020 3:16pm
Tim in Scotland

Having just taken my TDi300 out for its first run in a month I now appreciate the new one’s brakes even more....... also, another pair of trousers with a ripped off belt loop where it caught on the door jam and my first electronics issue on a car with no electronics - start up the engine and without touching the wiper stalk The wipers ran for about 3 minutes and I couldn’t stop them! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #843690 14th Jul 2020 5:06pm
Chugga90

It’s not the LR’s that have issues it’s you being a wizard or something similar? Rolling with laughter
Post #843691 14th Jul 2020 5:19pm
zilch

Australia 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
another pair of trousers with a ripped off belt loop where it caught on the door jam and my first electronics issue on a car with no electronics - start up the engine and without touching the wiper stalk The wipers ran for about 3 minutes and I couldn’t stop them!

nothing like an old defender scorned Tim Laughing Whistle yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #843814 15th Jul 2020 6:35am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
I wonder if there is any software adjustment between the different wheel sizes; and if so whether someone will work out how to hack and adjust?
Post #843860 15th Jul 2020 11:07am
Tim in Scotland

No need for that as the OEM wheel/ tyres combos all add up to the same rolling radius, just the sidewall height changes with the wheel size. iIRC with the other cars from JLR if you have the right diagnostic tool there are more options in the setting that you access from the Config files - or you can pay your firiend LR dealer to do it but often they have to warn you that you could invalidate your warranty. There is a quite wide tolerance on the settings before they have a serious effect on the speedo without having to plug in a diagnostic tool.
Members AndrewS and Naks or Zilch might know more - Disco3 forum might be the place to ask as more of those guys are modifying their cars than RRS owners! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #843871 15th Jul 2020 1:22pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Should have been more specific ~ the different wheels all have different sized discs & calipers. I was wondering if this required any adjustment to the brake by wire?
Post #843878 15th Jul 2020 1:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1