↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Famous!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Laurie

England 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Bonatti Grey
I was once interviewed by Sky TV on a programme about Land Rovers. (The Right Stuff) 
Post #836532 11th Jun 2020 12:11pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MaxRPM

England 
I appeared on 'Top Gear' many years ago in the late 80s. I was interviewed by William Woollard when I was competing at Prescot hill climb. That was when TG was a serious programme about motoring!
Phil
Post #836539 11th Jun 2020 12:31pm
Likeomg

2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
As part out of the take out team of our latest ship (symphony of the seas) ended up on a discovery channel show.. still haven’t seen it
Post #836542 11th Jun 2020 12:45pm
s55shh

United Kingdom 
my first Metallica concert was Sep 1986. I think they were filming it for a DVD at the time
Post #836547 11th Jun 2020 1:10pm
rockster57

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Zermatt Silver
A few years back, well 15 actually but who’s counting - I was with a few team mates on one of our rest days from work. We’d decided to hike around the Malham area of North Yorkshire. We were out in the sticks following the twisting path up through Goredale Scar when to our surprise up pops a fella with clipboard. “I say, chaps do you mind awfully if we just delay your journey a few moments. BBC, we’re doing a bit of filming just ahead of you nice people”.

Not a problem. We wait patiently for 10 mins after which a small group of the BBC entourage approach and have a quick conversation with clipboard man. One guy breaks off from the group and comes over to introduce himself. It’s David Dimbleby. And he was a real gent. Thanked us for waiting and asked lots of questions about who we were and why we had chosen the location and route for our trip. He said “I think we can use you in the program if you don’t mind?”.

After most of us had nodded enthusiastically, we were briefed about what questions we would be asked when the cameras started rolling and naturally being the BBC, they also decided what our answers would be (barely any resemblance to the things we actually said to Mr D during the previous chat).

So, cameras roll, Mr D asks one of my pals who aptly is ex-RAF “So why have you chosen to walk through this particular landscape today?”.

Why “aptly?” Well, when Mr D holds out his microphone to capture the predetermined reply along the lines of the area being so serene and peaceful, just as my pal opened his mouth to speak, all sound was drowned out by the deafening roar of two military jets flying low directly over the top of us. You couldn’t make it up. It was hilarious! The series featured on BBC1 under the title “A Picture of Britain”. Needless to say, the “RAF enhanced” part of the recording ended up on the cutting room floor!
Post #836558 11th Jun 2020 1:49pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
DAZ110 wrote:
I remember seeing Pink Floyd at the old Wembley and Earls Court. Thumbs Up Bow down

....and Genesis at the old Wembley too. Mr. Green

I remember seeing Pink Floyd at Earls Court about a week after some of the seating collapsed (hazy memory...)
Post #836582 11th Jun 2020 2:43pm
DAZ110

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Barolo Black
Arr, yes I remember that happening.
Post #836585 11th Jun 2020 3:02pm
DAZ110

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Barolo Black
Some years ago I do remember being interviewed on the lead up to Christmas when walking down Maidstone high street by BBC news south east.

They asked me if I thought the kids should be allowed a day off school to do their Christmas shopping! Shocked

My answer was ‘certainly not’.

Bah Humbug. Whistle Laughing
Post #836590 11th Jun 2020 3:12pm
corgi1

England 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Talking of concerts , had VIP tickets to Paul McCartney at the O2, sat with all the stars around us, Stella was in front of us, most of monty python, and Ronnie wood, fantastic concert kids loved it also, end of concert security came up and said we are invited to after show party my wife said, no thanks kids have school in the morning and walked off ong I have never been so close to murdering someone, needless to say, we went home Big Cry Big Cry
Post #836592 11th Jun 2020 3:20pm
rockster57

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Zermatt Silver
Ronnie Wood! Well there’s a name! Last summer I shared a transatlantic flight with him. Actually to be fair, I also shared it with 500 other people and like most of them I was in cattle class whilst Ronnie was ensconced in the palatial splendour of first class. Great bloke though, when we were leaving the aircraft I noticed he was happily chatting with and acknowledging many passengers who like me were thrilled to see him.
Post #836597 11th Jun 2020 3:38pm
Slideywindows

England 
For The Love of Cars on Channel 4 a few years ago.

They bought and restored a Series One 80".

Film crew and Ant Anstead came to my place to interview me, after the production team had bought my 80"

A few pics:

Click image to enlarge

I believe this was Ant's first filming job.

Click image to enlarge
Post #836658 11th Jun 2020 9:25pm
Slideywindows

England 
I was sad to see it go, but I was never going to get around to restoring it after owning it in this condition for 40 years - and I was bored with it, as I'd already restored three Series Ones.

Click image to enlarge

Mr Khan paid top price at the auction and he put it on his stand at various Shows for about a year.
Post #836660 11th Jun 2020 9:30pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
I seem to recall they did a decent job of the restoration and sold it for massive money. I wonder if it would fetch that now?!
Post #836664 11th Jun 2020 9:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123