↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics > TD5 90 Speaker upgrade (facelift) General audio upgrade 2020
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
90GTR

2016 Defender 90 V8 Petrol Works V8 Auto Santorini Black
TD5 90 Speaker upgrade (facelift) General audio upgrade 2020
Just having a refresh / upgrade carried out on a facelift TD5 90 which I've started to use more recently.

It has stock speakers under dash and TDCI rear quarter speakers connected via standard Land Rover CD player and a bluetooth dongle in the lighter slot. Very minimalist and clean, has been a good little system. Can anybody suggest a very good bluetooth connector with phone prep?

Similarly can anybody advise on an easy speaker upgrade for both front and the rear? Hopefully no cutting / drilling, as hoping simple upgrades here can make a difference.

Regarding a subwoofer, don't want to really fit a big box in the back and there is minimal space behind the cubby box (middle bulkhead partition fully in place) however possibly an opportunity here - any suggestions here? (do I need to replace the headunit if I put a subwoofer in?).

Ideally in the future possibly will get a double din conversion and possibly tweeter upgrades although currently a de-mister kits are obstructing the dash.

The interior / vehicle is minimalist and tidy, which would be good to keep this way.

Any guidance appreciated Thumbs Up
Post #830322 10th May 2020 5:32pm
jont

2006 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Santorini Black
It goes back a while but around p42/43 is my TD5 upgrade - Kenwood tweeters, 5" replacements front and back and a subwoofer on back of the cubby box ... also fitted double-din plate and headhunt ...

https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic14698.html?start=615

Just about to replace the head unit for a newer Apple CarPlay compatible device and a new DAB/FM aerial ...
Post #830465 11th May 2020 2:33pm
90GTR

2016 Defender 90 V8 Petrol Works V8 Auto Santorini Black
Thank you - it pretty much looks as I wanted it.

I'm unsure about the tweeters, for sure with my demister kit I won't be able to without adjustment. The double din looks good, is that quite a simple install then (assume somebody supplies a front fascia already done? What's the reason for all of the fixings holding it in place - sadly not an aspect I'm fond of.

I saw a 5inch replacement speaker panel for the rear but I don't really want to replace the whole panel for the moment- is it a big difference having that size?

Also nice to see correct TD5 heated seat switches... my TDCI Premium plus seats just arrived along with a heated kit, but the buttons look TDCI (i.e. image is sideways), so need to find a pair of TD5 Switches
Post #830503 11th May 2020 6:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1