↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Expedition & Overland > Swedish Series 1
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Racedriver

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Indus Silver
Swedish Series 1
Looking through my files for a specific picture of something else, I came across these....

I had driven a TVR Chimaera over to a car dealer friend in the south of Sweden, whilst there and browsing through the Swedish version of eBay we spotted this 1954 Series 1 107" fitted with a Japanese pick up body. After a phone call from my friend (as I can't speak Swedish) I agreed to buy it and organised it to be driven the 2 hours to my friends house. I flew back to the UK but within a couple of weeks was trundling over in my 300TDI station wagon with my trusty car trailer. Back in the UK the 107" got registered and sold to a guy who was going to fit a HiCap body, unfortunately I never saw the end result.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #828597 29th Apr 2020 9:00pm
defender9

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
Interesting, when I bought my Series 1 109 pickup I was not sure the rear body could be saved. I have a 109 HiCap rear body so as a contingency I did think of using that or turn it into a flat bed pick up.

However I think I’ll be able to save the original rear body but I do think a HiCap rear body on a Series 1 LWB would look quite cool and be practical as well.
Post #828640 30th Apr 2020 9:34am
strang

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
That's interesting - you could try asking on the Series One club forum - http://www.lrsoc.com/forum/index.php?action=forum Euro-Leafing to infinity and beyond.....
Post #828684 30th Apr 2020 2:47pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
I wonder if a Hicap body would be excessively wide on a Series One, given that it is fairly wide on a Hicap and the One is significantly narrower. On the other hand, it might work rather well. It would be interesting to see, but given the loopy values of Series Ones nowadays I suspect we're less likely to see it than ever before.
Post #828691 30th Apr 2020 3:18pm
defender9

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
To be honest blackwolf it didn’t look that bad on the back of the S1, it stuck out a bit but no more than you usually see on Aussie tray backs and I quite like them as a useful tool. I still have an urge to put the HiCap body on it but the vehicle has very original paint and I think the back body will go again with some new rear quarter panels and welding where the body has fractured.
Post #828697 30th Apr 2020 4:11pm
Holmkiern

Sweden 
Hi,one question.
Which ferry did you use since I see a DFDS ferry in background?
Maybe it is an old picture taken before they closed the gothenburg ferry or Esbjerg ferry.
Had an idea to go to UK with the disco och oneten if it had not been for covid but connections to scandinavia are all closed or do anyone out there got a tip how to go over to/from UK from Sweden?
Thanks
Johnny
Post #867806 16th Nov 2020 9:26pm
Racedriver

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Indus Silver
I Used the Harwich to Esbjerg ferry but that was before the route was stopped. About 2 months ago I did a return drive to Landskrona and the cheapest way was to go Dover-Calais then drive to the Puttgarden ferry. Total round trip was just under 2000 miles.
Post #868270 19th Nov 2020 11:34am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1