Home > Technical > Enabling Traction control with no engine ecu
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Jc30090

United Kingdom 
Enabling Traction control with no engine ecu
Hi all,

I’m after some technical information on how the traction control is enabled from the original tdci engine ecu (Late bosch abs pump with built in ecu).

I’m fitting a late puma bulkhead with abs / traction control to a 300tdi. I’m past the majority of hitch’s (disco gearbox and a furturnet Canbus module for the instrument cluster) but because it has an abs pump and so traction control as well (I’ve been told all Bosch abs versions did?) I’d like to get it working fully (not just remove the dash light, canbus module can do that as last resort)

So I haven't got the engine ecu but my abs is fully functioning properly (tested On grass and abs light & brake warning light are off on the instrument cluster, So I know my pump sensors abs ecu etc are all good, But The tc light is constantly on.

Am I right in assuming that the engine ecu enables tc when vehicle speed, clutch pedal position, brake pedal, throttle Etc Are in the correct sate. and so just sends a healthy signal to the abs ecu (turning off the dash light) and then a second signal that the conditions are met to engage if a wheel slips.

On the wiring diagram there are only two wires between the abs module and the tdci ecu that I can see.
Grey and purple (C0504-10 - C0872-B1)
Yellow and pink (C0504-11 - C0872-K1)
(Picture should be attached)

My thought is that I can simply either ground or put a 12v signal to each to allow tc to kick in.

Am I picturing the system correctly? And if so What signal Type is the abs ecu expecting on each? (I don’t fancy jabbing earths v 12v when ecu’s are involved).

Any helps greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Post #827848 26th Apr 2020 7:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1