↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Puma Specific only in here please!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Lfa

Portugal 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Trident Green
Puma2010doo wrote:
Hi there,

I've have a 2.4 Puma and absolutely love it! However, have come into some issues and was wondering if I could get some advice/suggestions about what it could be. It's being serviced with some excellent people who are busy trying to diagnose it and I know they'll do a superb job. Although, I'm very impatient and nervous and want to sleep a little better tonight.

Essentially the heater has stopped working. It still blows air- just one temperature- despite turning the heater knob in either direction.

I wanted to know what is causing this. They've been suggestions of thermostat problems and issues with the head gasket. The latter of these two being particularly scary.

I wanted to know what others thought.

Hello, It's always in hot? If so, it should be the valve, it doesn't travel to the last position. Defender crew cab 110 tdci 2011

First never follows
Post #825099 14th Apr 2020 12:02am
GerrMac

Scotland 
Hi all Have a new toy 2.2 2012 model XS has an Alive stage 1 new Fox shocks had RR had discos. This is a dream. My first Defender. Waiting on sidesteps getting made and no dout a stage 2 nxt year.

Click image to enlarge
Post #996644 17th Jun 2023 6:52pm
amw196

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Loire Blue
defender L316 gearbox bias
New member and new to Defenders.

Hi, I recently bought a defender (2014) and noticed an issue when selecting gears. The gear stick re-centers when I change up from 2nd gear, so that 3rd gear is easy to find, but when I'm in 5th and try to change down to 4th, the gear stick doesn't recenter (making it difficult to find 4th). I've subsequently fitted a slick shift, which has made the gear box much tighter, but still the same issue. Is this the way it is designed?
Per pictures on this forum - I've removed the transfer case and selector unit and accessed the yoke. I've noticed (when pushed) the yoke springs back one way, but not the other. Anyone seen this issue before (if it is an issue)?
Thanks
Post #1001605 24th Jul 2023 9:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12