Home > Puma (Tdci) > Coolant Question and Other Fluid Specs Request
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
HardCharger

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
Coolant Question and Other Fluid Specs Request
Hi All!

I've got a question regarding the coolants we can use in our trucks, the working approval for Ford is WSS-M97-B44-D. I've also seen it referred to as WAS-M97B44-D. Our local Total station has a coolant concentrate but it's rated as WSE-M97B44-D. I've run searches for the Total rating and have come up with nothing. Does this mean I can use this in my 2.4 Puma?

Another thing I noticed is that while the consensus is that the coolant should be orange or orange-ish pink-ish in color, the local Total one looks orange in the bottle but is apparently yellow when you decant to mix with distilled water. Still all good?

All the other ratings of the Total coolant concentrate match the ratings found for Motul Inugel Optimal but the thing that irritates me is that the rating for Ford is listed as WSE rather than WSS! The succeeding M97B44-D is the same.

While we're talking specifications, does anyone have a list of the specifications and ratings of all the fluids and oils for the 2.4 Puma? I'm trying to see if I can source stuff locally for emergencies but will still get them either from Opie or other suppliers if the pricing is more competitive and situation permits.

I'm also compiling a list of the approved oils and fluids for Pumas as the local shops need this to make sure that they can properly maintain and service their customer's trucks.

Thanks in advance.
Post #823085 3rd Apr 2020 9:49am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1