Home > Puma (Tdci) > 2008/9 2.4 tdci ignition barrel lock set
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Moz

United Kingdom 
2008/9 2.4 tdci ignition barrel lock set

Click image to enlarge

Right chaps bear with me lol I'm trying to sort out a new genuine barrel and lock set for my 2008 tdci defender 90 I asked a seller on Ebay and he assured me that LR052050 kit would be the one on striping down my ignition I noticed there was a difference and the X-Eng barrel lock would not fit properly as even if you tightened the shear bolt all the way it would not hold (oh Censored ) any way I striped out the drivers side door lock eg barrel and its fat enough but just not long enough so any of you kind souls know witch part number I should be searching for

Click image to enlarge
Post #818958 9th Mar 2020 10:21pm
Moz

United Kingdom 
I suppose the question is have I got different barrels to the normal fitted? As I'm being told that there is only one kit and that should fit ?
Post #819087 11th Mar 2020 6:48am
VVS210

United Kingdom 
Can't help with the ignition lock but the door barrel is an easy one. If you look at the old barrel you will see the end of the brass plunger that is visible on the new barrel, you need to push that plunger down then pull the end off the old barrel & put it on the new one Thumbs Up
Post #819092 11th Mar 2020 8:04am
VVS210

United Kingdom 
Oh, and looking at the photo again, the outer part of the old barrel needs to go back in the door handle too!
Post #819093 11th Mar 2020 8:05am
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
As above, the end of the old barrel needs moving over to the new ones, that should sort those.

I think there is a compatibility issue with the X-eng part and the very late ignition barrels, as you can see from your photos the casting closest to the key hole is shaped differently.

If you need to keep the X-eng then perhaps return the whole lot and source a kit with the older type casting?  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #819095 11th Mar 2020 8:29am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Moz

United Kingdom 
Bloody hell so it was the right kit ?the old barrel was that corroded I thought it was a complete unit and that it didn't separate and there was two different lengths of barrel size eg a long and a short regarding the x-lock I made a plate that slips down the side that when fitted locks up ok but thanks for putting me right regarding the locks
Post #819105 11th Mar 2020 11:10am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1