↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Norfolk Police
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Cheshire Police launch campaign to reduce Defender Thefts

"CHESHIRE Police’s Rural Crime Team has launched a new campaign to combat a rise in the number of Land Rover Defender thefts.

The popular ‘workhorse’ vehicles are seen as vital to those living and working in rural communities, and the theft of them can leave families devastated.

To combat a national increase in Defender thefts, the Rural Crime Team has been handing out stickers featuring the wording 'Police Stop Me'.

The stickers are to be placed in the back window of Land Rovers to prompt officers to stop the vehicle to make sure the rightful owner is sitting behind the wheel.

Sergeant Rob Simpson said: “In line with the national picture, we are seeing an increase in Defenders being stolen due to their continuing popularity.

“Defenders are the workhorses of farms and well-loved parts of the family with pet names such as 'Dave', so when they are stolen, it can be devastating for owners emotionally and financially.

“That is why we want to make life as difficult as possible for criminals by stopping Defenders any time and day, even if the vehicle hasn’t got a sticker.

“The stickers are a prompt for officers and a reminder to residents that if they see suspicious activity, they should call police so that together, we can send a message to thieves that it’s just not worth the risk.”

You can pick up a sticker at your local police station and can report suspicious activity by calling 101 or by visiting cheshire.police.uk.

https://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/news/1...er-thefts/
Post #812150 27th Jan 2020 10:25am
Ads90

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Keswick Green
^ Interesting wiper arms - wonder what they're off?
Post #812156 27th Jan 2020 11:06am
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
Re: Cheshire Police launch campaign to reduce Defender Theft
Supacat wrote:

"CHESHIRE Police’s Rural Crime Team has launched a new campaign to combat a rise in the number of Land Rover Defender thefts.

The popular ‘workhorse’ vehicles are seen as vital to those living and working in rural communities, and the theft of them can leave families devastated.

To combat a national increase in Defender thefts, the Rural Crime Team has been handing out stickers featuring the wording 'Police Stop Me'.

The stickers are to be placed in the back window of Land Rovers to prompt officers to stop the vehicle to make sure the rightful owner is sitting behind the wheel.

Sergeant Rob Simpson said: “In line with the national picture, we are seeing an increase in Defenders being stolen due to their continuing popularity.

“Defenders are the workhorses of farms and well-loved parts of the family with pet names such as 'Dave', so when they are stolen, it can be devastating for owners emotionally and financially.

“That is why we want to make life as difficult as possible for criminals by stopping Defenders any time and day, even if the vehicle hasn’t got a sticker.

“The stickers are a prompt for officers and a reminder to residents that if they see suspicious activity, they should call police so that together, we can send a message to thieves that it’s just not worth the risk.”

You can pick up a sticker at your local police station and can report suspicious activity by calling 101 or by visiting cheshire.police.uk.

https://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/news/1...er-thefts/

I'd hope the police have better things to do than stop every Defender! Locally to me L322 Range Rovers have been having their fuel tanks drained, not sure why them in particular, perhaps it is very easy.
Post #812158 27th Jan 2020 11:18am
TheMule

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Caledonian Blue
Re: Norfolk Police
Rashers wrote:
Driving home from the Mother-in-Laws last Saturday night along the A11 towards Norwich when I became aware of a Police Van coming up fast behind me without blues and twos. The road is a dual carriageway (yep, still a bit of a novelty for us older Norfolk people) and the driver quite skilfully blocked me in against a slower vehicle. My wife said that it was quite obvious, the Officer in the passenger seat was doing a PNC check on my truck. Took a few seconds and once they realised that it hadn't been reported stollen, they accelerated past. I was most impressed with that. Nice to think they are looking out for nicked Defenders.

I remember Swine and Small said that he had been stopped early one morning (can't remember whether that was Norfolk or another force) checking up. Any one else had any positive experiences with your local Police taking an active interest in your truck?

I also live in Norfolk and was in Great Yarmouth late one night on the way home from work and stopped at the local McDonald’s where a lot of boy racers congregate. A police car drove straight up to me and I was politely asked for my details by a couple of officers and I must admit it was reassuring that they were taking a more proactive approach, I think they were more surprised by my age and the fact I drove a defender but comforting nonetheless. They were very polite and it only took 5 minutes, but I believe that it’s a really good way to tackle the unfortunate crime that targets these vehicles.
Post #818849 8th Mar 2020 10:04pm
grafty99

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Caledonian Blue
Ads90 wrote:
^ Interesting wiper arms - wonder what they're off?

Bolt on bits sell them - I think they're off an Aygo or Yaris (rear) Thumbs Up 2002 90 Td5 Station Wagon
1990 Vogue SE
Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200
Td5 90 Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic50767.html
Tdi 110 Thread https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic69562.html
RRC Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic54492.html
Instagram http://www.instagram.com/george_grafton
Post #818851 8th Mar 2020 10:27pm
Stiff1

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
They are indeed. I have had them on my last two 110's, like them alot but know they are a bit Marmite on here. They look better when parked properly and I find them more effective.
Post #818964 9th Mar 2020 9:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12