Home > Off Topic > Dreaded ULEZ
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
kmac

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
Dreaded ULEZ
Inadvertently strayed into the ULEZ in my 2009 USW and got a PCN Big Cry

Didn't need to but bloody sat-nav led me astray and was only in there for a minute.

Came down Seymour Place intending to turn right onto Marylebone Road outside the zone but there was no right turn so had to do a small loop which meant I entered the zone. at 01:33 on 1st Jan.

Anyway I have pleaded for clemency so let's see what they say. Had to share as my Defender doesn't meet the standards.

Wonder if later models do so.
Post #809911 12th Jan 2020 12:56pm
miker

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Rioja Red
Don't think any defender with a diesel is compliant, it's pretty much 2018 or newer for diesels now!

I've ended up auto registering both of my vehicles, got a couple of fines where I was travelling late and just forgot how tight the deadline is!
Post #809922 12th Jan 2020 2:20pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
That's bad luck. However as more cities and councils jump on the cash band wagon more of us within the next 10 years will be effected or even have to sell if we live within any LEV zones.

Good luck with the appeal...
Post #809943 12th Jan 2020 5:36pm
mustafasoleiman

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Indus Silver
miker wrote:
Don't think any defender with a diesel is compliant, it's pretty much 2018 or newer for diesels now!

I've ended up auto registering both of my vehicles, got a couple of fines where I was travelling late and just forgot how tight the deadline is!

Well I have been checking by TD5 2003 here:

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle-35896

and it is not subject to ULEZ!

A http://instagram.com/h4vou/
Post #809957 12th Jan 2020 7:42pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Meanwhile XR has been added to extremist groups listing by the Govt.
Makes you think doesn’t it that this stuff was thought up as a “proposed” so called legit idea whilst smoking things they shouldn’t as well.

The whole idea is a social discrimination motive in my book. Should be banned and quashed.

Much the same of this social group finger pointing involved with the whole controversy created from dust in the Lakes. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #809963 12th Jan 2020 8:05pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
mustafasoleiman wrote:
miker wrote:

A

Bonkers really as my 2002 TD5 is subject to the charge = same engine, only difference is that my 90 is a hard top.

This goes to show that the system is flawed and therefore only in place to make money, certainly not to save air quality, especially as I am not banned, just required to pay the charge.
Post #809970 12th Jan 2020 8:58pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
custom90steve wrote:
Meanwhile XR has been added to extremist groups listing by the Govt.
Makes you think doesn’t it that this stuff was thought up as a “proposed” so called legit idea whilst smoking things they shouldn’t as well.

The whole idea is a social discrimination motive in my book. Should be banned and quashed.

Much the same of this social group finger pointing involved with the whole controversy created from dust in the Lakes.

Not quite. Counter-terrorism police in the south-east showed police had placed XR on a list of ideologies alongside neo-Nazis and Islamist extremists that should be reported to the authorities running the Prevent anti-radicalisation programme.
The guide was sent to police officers, teachers and others in government. Police said they had since recalled the document and that including XR was an error.

It's a pain in the arse when you mess up and drive into these zones. Last week I did similar wandering into a bus lane in Bristol. My own fault though so just had to suck it up. Luckily it was only £30. WARNING.
This post may contain sarcasm.
Post #809972 12th Jan 2020 9:07pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
The same applies to the Australian fires. They weren’t wildfires at all, one or two may have been but there has been at least 24 + arrests of deliberate Arson. Assuming that is all across Australia, that means to say that was man made / influenced issue.

Also, has anyone noticed the new additions to the Royal family that wish to fly between Canada and here at LEAST every 6 months?

And they talk about our so called carbon footprint.
Same thing with a local council.
Talk of this LEZ and all of that sort of tripe.

Yet, remarkably, what have they done.
Bought a load of sign written brand new Hi Lux trucks and vans that are wait for it .... Diesel.

Usually for a single gentleman to go around with a spray can marking a few roads all day, popping into the local Co Op’s etc in paid time as well and having lunch out in the countryside all being paid for by our council tax.

In addition to this, potholes enough to break a horses leg filled with water out in the rural areas yet in the city....

Even a crack in the Asphalt would be seen as unsightly.. And repaired at urgent importance level ASAP.

“There is no funds they’d cry, govt cuts they would exclaim”.

There always is the inner city kept pristine however. Always lots and lots of money available for that.

Really makes you think, it really really does. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #810025 13th Jan 2020 12:57pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Post #810026 13th Jan 2020 1:18pm
stephan123

United Kingdom 
Very concerned about the planned ULEZ expansion scheduled for October 2021 as my truck will be subjected to the charge. Just wanted to ask if the charge applies only when you drive your car or even if it is parked in the zone. Thanks
Post #815606 17th Feb 2020 1:00pm
90 Dreamer

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
I believe its even when parked as you will have had to travel to get to your HA anyhows.........
Post #815612 17th Feb 2020 1:37pm
OsloBlue

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Oslo Blue
stephan123 wrote:
Very concerned about the planned ULEZ expansion scheduled for October 2021 as my truck will be subjected to the charge. Just wanted to ask if the charge applies only when you drive your car or even if it is parked in the zone. Thanks

Only when you drive it.

"
Quote:
Most vehicles, including cars and vans, need to meet the ULEZ emissions standards or their drivers must pay a daily charge to drive within the zone."
 I'm on IG: https://www.instagram.com/osloblue42/
Current: TD5 '110 "Lucinda" Thread here: https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic62562.html
Post #815613 17th Feb 2020 1:38pm
stephan123

United Kingdom 
Cheers for that. Guess it will spend more time parked up on the street than me behind the wheel Crying or Very sad

Still, could be worse.
Post #815624 17th Feb 2020 3:09pm
miker

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Rioja Red
mustafasoleiman wrote:
miker wrote:

A

I'd double check that, all diesels pre 2016 are impacted by ULEZ. LEZ is a wider area and only covers goods vehicles.
Post #815626 17th Feb 2020 3:18pm
kmac

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
They rejected my appeal Big Cry

Anyway lesson learnt to be more careful. Bl**dy sat nav lead me astray (google maps)
Post #815633 17th Feb 2020 4:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>