↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Td5 > fan on all the time
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
raider_td5

Pakistan 2001 Defender 110 Td5 Tomb Raider LE Bonatti Grey
Alfredas wrote:
I had a disco2 td5 and I think it will be the same with the defender if it has air conditioning fitted it will also have two electric fans on the air con radiator. These two turn on then the engine is reaching high temperatures to help it cool down it also switches fan setting to constant in ECU if overheating is logged. You'll have to connect to ECU to turn this setting off.

Hi,

I have the same issue and I have taken my car to the dealership twice and they had no idea about this issue. I got them to hook it up to the system called T4 which apparently is LRs genuine diagnostic system for the TD5. However, I tried going through the menus but couldn't find any option to turn the fans off.

If anyone here is familiar with this system, can you please guide me going through what menus will lead me to an option to turn this forced assist off.
You help is much needed and would be really appreciated!!

I am from Pakistan and the TD5 Defender was never launched here but the dealer has some experience with TD5 Discos.
Post #797261 8th Oct 2019 2:09pm
MadTom

Czech Republic 1999 Defender 130 Td5 HCPU Baltic Blue
Electric fan is there to help for aircon cooling, or for engine cooling in low speed trafic. It is controlled by engine ECU. Aircon "ECU" is asking the engine ECU to switch this fan on.
In case of engine overheat, it swtiches the electrical fan on, until the possible fault code is not cleared from engine ECU with diagnostics equipment.
Discovery 2 TD5 has it the same. You can use diagnostics for Discovery TD2 to work on Defender TD5, the engine ECU is nearly the same.
First check the FAN control relay. "Drobek" = The Small One - Discovery 2, "BlufĂ­nek" = The Blue Thing - Defender 130, and for me at least Ford Mondeo Smile
Post #797371 9th Oct 2019 9:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12