↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Series Land Rovers > New to me Series 2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
strang

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
GREENI wrote:
If your Series is wearing it’s original plate, UVT is a North Staffs/ Stoke plate I think?

My Series One is 'UEH' and that is Stoke Euro-Leafing to infinity and beyond.....
Post #796959 6th Oct 2019 4:11pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Barneyboy wrote:
Hi Blackwolf Thank you for you’re comments Thumbs Up I’ll be honest i had noticed it obscured the number plate slightly and I don’t particularly like the bumperettes on it so I am going to remove them in the next few days, no the sidelights are in the indicators which he had been assured was legal for that year Question the headlights are surprisingly good they are Wipac Quadoptics Thumbs Up cheers Paul

Ah, OK. Vehicles first registered prior to 1965 can incorporate the indicators into the front sidelights and rear tail lights, but the sidelights must be white/clear in colour and the tail lights must be red. In order to be legal therefore your front sidelights and indicators must be white/clear, not amber/yellow. (The only other colour allowable for a front sidelight is yellow, but only if the light is incorporated into a headlight which is only capable of showing a yellow light - remember all those old French cars in the '60s and '70s)?

Although sidelights are tested as part of the MOT it seems from a cursory examination of the regulations that although the function, position, integrity, and switching is checked, the colour is not.

If I might say so the vehicle looks better already without the bumperettes, and would look better still with white lenses on the front position lamps. Thumbs Up

(Usual caveats apply, I am not a lawyer so please check this information. Similarly I don't wish to be prodnose or killjoy, but I wouldn't want you to me pulled over in your new pride and joy and fined for a trivial infringement you were unaware of.)
Post #797062 7th Oct 2019 7:30am
Barneyboy

England 1986 Defender 90 2.5 n/a Diesel ST Nato Green
Hi blackwolf no not at all i would rather here this information than find out on the side of the road Thumbs Up i have got some clear lenses so will sort that out definately. so the indicator on the front is ok to flash white/clear or do i have to get one with 2 bulbs inside ie orange and clear, totally agree on the front now even tash commented when she saw it yesterday that it looks much better and legal Thumbs Up Many Thanks Paul
Post #797068 7th Oct 2019 8:13am
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Use a standard twin-filament 21W/5W clear bulb in a single housing with a clear/white lens. The 5W filament should be the sidelight, and the 21W filament the indicator. This way both lights will be white lights, but with the indicators flashing it is a brighter white flash than the sidelight.

It is actually probably exactly what you have now except for the colour of the lens. Thumbs Up
Post #797070 7th Oct 2019 8:28am
Barneyboy

Hi blackwolf thank you very much for the advice its very much appreciated Thumbs Up cheers Paul Tash n Barney
Post #797071 7th Oct 2019 8:36am
Barneyboy

Hi Today I’ve been busy with our new series 2 (Major) I’ve purchased this week 2 x high back outer seat backs and 2 x Securon 4 point harnesses and a lap belt for the middle seat for Barney our black labs harness to click into, also I have put a full set (3 doors) of new door seals which I managed to get free from work and they fit really well, and fitted 2 wing mounted mirrors and there were a few holes in the tub and bulkhead that I’ve put rubber grommets in, all in all a very productive day, tomorrow I’m going to fit a rear work light and use it for reversing as well I have just got to get a switch that lights up to warn me it’s on 👍 cheers Paul Tash n Barney

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #797868 12th Oct 2019 4:53pm
Barneyboy

Hi not much to report other than using it everyday for my commute to work (although not the last couple of weeks as on furlough leave now) it’s been reliable and a pleasure to drive, there was one thing that bugged me though and that was the modified bulkhead which stood out even more as it was bright red so over the last few days I’ve tidied it up and added a couple of covers over the single windscreen motor (later addition) and below the windscreen, I’m unsure why it was modified but I was informed when I bought it that at some stage in its life it had a much bigger engine fitted.
Before

Click image to enlarge

After

Click image to enlarge
Post #823439 5th Apr 2020 9:33am
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
That looks very smart and in-keeping. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #823466 5th Apr 2020 11:44am
Barneyboy

Thank you Darren much appreciated Thumbs Up I’m much happier with how it looks now Thumbs Up cheers Paul Tash n Barney
Post #823507 5th Apr 2020 4:59pm
L110CDL

England 
Much better, good work you have done there Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #823778 6th Apr 2020 8:23pm
Barneyboy

Hi Clayton thank you Thumbs Up I am so pleased I’ve done it, I’m intrigued to know why it was modified in the manner it was as I’ve had a series with a V8 in and the only modified part of the bulkhead was the bottom whereas this one is just below the windscreens frame and at the bottom Question Thumbs Up cheers Paul Tash n Barney
Post #823815 7th Apr 2020 6:09am
Barneyboy

Hi been out on the Paddock’s this morning clearing a very small part of a large tree 2 loads so far Thumbs Up cheers Paul Tash n Barney

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #823865 7th Apr 2020 11:16am
L110CDL

England 
Nice to see it on the grass and earning it's keep Thumbs Up

The only thought i had about your dash, is to see if you can find any of the previous owners, perhaps an ad in one of the landy mags Smile 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #823941 7th Apr 2020 7:12pm
Barneyboy

Hi Clayton that is a good idea Thumbs Up externally the bulkhead looks as it should it’s the inside that intrigues me Thumbs Up cheers Paul
Post #824016 8th Apr 2020 6:48am
L110CDL

England 
That's one of the problems of being intrigued, you have to find out the answer, it will get the better of you not knowing why Rolling Eyes 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #824475 10th Apr 2020 7:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>