↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Spotted > Fleet of white 110 Defenders
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Mike c

England 2004 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Belize Green
I would like to think that some centres would retain at least one "classic" type Land Rover indefinitely. Let's face it, all the newer models just do it all for you, kind of missing the point/skill and involvement in my opinion...

I remember doing one at a centre just outside Ashford back in 2010, we drove a top spec 110, the morning consisted of driving round obstacles/inclines/water etc the other vehicles did the same.
The afternoon consisted of the real experience according to our instructor, through rutted woodlands deep washed out gullies and nerve racking side inclines Shocked The other vehicles were not allowed on this bit due to risk of damage/width etc....

I think the three of us who opted for the old fashioned Defender over techy flashy models got the most out of the day, it was fantastic Cool
Post #796292 2nd Oct 2019 8:19am
Steve_overland

United Kingdom 1997 Defender 110 300 Tdi HT Chawton White
m3vert wrote:
Which Landrover Experience centre is that? I tried a long time ago to book a day at Dunkeld and was told they were no longer doing the Defender as Landrover had stopped them being used for experience days.

Was this for a voucher drive?? or one where your paying for an experience?? @steve_overland on Insta.
110 expedition vehicle with pop roof
Post #796300 2nd Oct 2019 8:55am
boxoftricks

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Zermatt Silver
m3vert wrote:
Which Landrover Experience centre is that? I tried a long time ago to book a day at Dunkeld and was told they were no longer doing the Defender as Landrover had stopped them being used for experience days.

East of England/Protrax.... Edd Cobley still uses his 110. Sure he would be happy to help
Post #796306 2nd Oct 2019 9:29am
seriesonenut

United Kingdom 
Well i've just seen an instagram post of a works V8 90 running round Eastnor. Not sure if its a LR vehicle but it did not have number plates. 2010 XS USW
1957 Series One 88 diesel
1958 Series One 88 4x2
Post #796451 2nd Oct 2019 10:46pm
Landish

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 90 Td5 SW Belize Green
I was at the Dunkeld centre last weekend. They told me that the last Defenders on the fleet left several years ago. Spotted a dark coloured 110 in the car park but am guessing it belonged to one of the staff! 2005 Defender 90 TD5
Post #796503 3rd Oct 2019 9:40am
m3vert

Scotland 2011 Defender 110 2.5 TD PU Stornoway Grey
Steve_overland wrote:
m3vert wrote:

Was this for a voucher drive?? or one where your paying for an experience??

I called after I bought my defender in or around February 2018 and asked to pay for an experience day and wanted the Defender and was told they were no longer available as Landrover had removed them from the centre, the only one they had is the daft one which is two vehicles welded together they said! So I didn't bother.

We then bought a new Velar in March and when I called to book the day I again asked if I could do the Defender instead of a velar and was told it was not available as no longer on site. So in short I have asked twice once with a voucher and once when I wanted to pay and told the same both times.
Post #796537 3rd Oct 2019 1:04pm
m3vert

Landish wrote:
I was at the Dunkeld centre last weekend. They told me that the last Defenders on the fleet left several years ago. Spotted a dark coloured 110 in the car park but am guessing it belonged to one of the staff!

I am sure that is an instructors personal car as the lad who took us out was Defender daft and had his parked in the carpark Smile
Post #796538 3rd Oct 2019 1:05pm
Steve_overland

United Kingdom 1997 Defender 110 300 Tdi HT Chawton White
m3vert wrote:
Steve_overland wrote:
m3vert wrote:

Was this for a voucher drive?? or one where your paying for an experience??

I called after I bought my defender in or around February 2018 and asked to pay for an experience day and wanted the Defender and was told they were no longer available as Landrover had removed them from the centre, the only one they had is the daft one which is two vehicles welded together they said! So I didn't bother.

We then bought a new Velar in March and when I called to book the day I again asked if I could do the Defender instead of a velar and was told it was not available as no longer on site. So in short I have asked twice once with a voucher and once when I wanted to pay and told the same both times.

I’m sure they are still running them at Eastnor, well they were when I was there less than a month ago! @steve_overland on Insta.
110 expedition vehicle with pop roof
Post #796725 4th Oct 2019 6:37pm
Landish

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 90 Td5 SW Belize Green
The 110 is still being advertised on the Eastnor LRE website for the ‘Eastnor Explorer’ experience (not cheap though!).

https://www.eastnor.landroverexperience.co...lorer.html 2005 Defender 90 TD5
Post #796801 5th Oct 2019 2:35pm
m3vert

Yes I see that and you can also book it for a full day, but this is certainly not offered at my local which is Dunkeld.
Post #796802 5th Oct 2019 2:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12