Home > Technical > Air Conditioning TD5 - Blower Fan Intermittent
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
thefender

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Barolo Black
Air Conditioning TD5 - Blower Fan Intermittent
Hi,
My Air Conditioning on TD5 works just fine, when it decides to come on. It might be 2 minutes before it starts, might be 20 minutes but once it starts its nice and cold and doesnt stop unless i turn off the ignition, then back to square one. I'm talking interior aircon blower here, if I look at compressor it cycles on and off. System holds pressure ok and gassed up. If loose connection or relay, any wiring diagrams please? I think its a Coolair Logan type system - or thats what pics look like, don't think its factory but wouldnt know the difference. (2 rotary knobs to turn on position 123 and same with blower)

PS - It never, ever starts immediately - only after driving (ie possibly bumping about I suppose you could say although banging the aircon pod does nothing)
Post #788722 26th Aug 2019 6:23pm
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Hello. I have the same system in my TD5, admittedly I barely ever used it. From what I understand the system is almost a carbon copy of the original LR item so in all likelihood the wiring diagram is going to be quite similar.

So the problem lies at the blower switch, the control relay, the wiring or in the blower motor itself. Have you done any checks to the switch and relay? Sounds a little like a intermittent connection issue to me.

Have you contacted Coolair Logan yet to ask for advice? Have to confess my experience with them is not great, but that was years ago now and you may have more luck.
Post #789443 30th Aug 2019 7:34am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1