↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > must try harder.....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
leeds

United Kingdom 
Will someone tell me when being a scumbag has suddenly turned into being a culture?

Alternatively will someone tell me when being a member of a certain sex/sexuality/race/religion/ethnicity/height/colour of hair etc has automatically turned turned them into being a scumbag.

In the latest Sheffield incident it would appear that the scumbags were white British and the 4 victims were Asian British. That is based solely on the names in the press.

Scumbags are scumbags irrespective of culture/race etc

Brendan
Post #740277 13th Nov 2018 2:38pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Just popped in to catch up on the latest conjecture and waffle on the so called new Defender. Stuck my nose in here too and couldn't help noticing you are still entertaining the masses Wayne Rolling with laughter Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #740309 13th Nov 2018 6:37pm
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
/\ trust you're well Steve? Very Happy

you've always spoken words of wisedom. perhaps you can help me out on this one;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-49424634

I'd have thought sticking a hunting knife into someone's chest would be murder - turns out it's manslaughter.

Confused

Last edited by Caterham on 22nd Aug 2019 4:57pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #788257 22nd Aug 2019 3:54pm
Caterham

just stumbled across this one too.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-b...birmingham

what an absolute shame he didn't kill himself because he quite clearly could have killed someone else. and to add insult to injury he's virtually got off scott free!
Post #788260 22nd Aug 2019 4:00pm
Caterham

and this one makes my blood boil.......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-o...rash-death

a real tragic sequence of events clearly brought about by some moron stopping on the white zig zags !!! Evil or Very Mad

I feel really sorry and sick for the truck driver and toddlers parents. the car driver should be up for manslaughter in my opinion.

Last edited by Caterham on 22nd Aug 2019 4:11pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #788267 22nd Aug 2019 4:07pm
Caterham

and on a more light hearted note.... Rolling with laughter

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-n...olk-police

Last edited by Caterham on 22nd Aug 2019 5:00pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #788269 22nd Aug 2019 4:10pm
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
I'm sure you meant to include a different link in your last post... Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #788271 22nd Aug 2019 4:28pm
Caterham

yes I did. thank you for spotting.
Post #788273 22nd Aug 2019 5:00pm
90 Dreamer

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Amazing how many people seem to have no comprehension of Zig-Zags, box junctions, etc..........

WTF they teach prior to testing i have no idea.....
Post #788293 22nd Aug 2019 7:17pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Caterham wrote:

a real tragic sequence of events clearly brought about by some moron stopping on the white zig zags !!! Evil or Very Mad

I feel really sorry and sick for the truck driver and toddlers parents. the car driver should be up for manslaughter in my opinion.

I have to say that I agree with you on this one. The primary cause of this were the two morons who parked on the far side of the crossing on the zigzags (there's one on each side of the road), if they hadn't then the toddler would unquestionably not have been killed, and I hope both drivers are haunted for the rest of their lives at what they caused. Sadly I imagine that by now they are convinced they were not in any way responsible, and as far as I know neither was charged with any offences.

I have a lot of sympathy with the lorry driver, who stopped at a green light for traffic and failed to notice that it had changed when he pulled away. A mistake and careless, but so easy to do. I know that crossing well and I doubt that from his position he could see the family on the crossing whether or not he looked. He should have seen the red aspect though, and he is paying a high price for a moment's carelessness.

Finally I have to question the judgement of the parent in being utterly oblivious to the risk she took in crossing without making sure that the lorry driver was really stopped and aware of circumstances, it shows, in my opinion, a staggering lack of awareness of risk and one which is sadly far too common nowadays.

Two other aspects of this tragic incident struck me as abhorrent at the time. One was the manner in which supporters of the victim's family hijacked the media representation in a manner that made me wonder if they had engaged professional counsel, and the second was the way that the fact that the lorry driver was a convicted murderer released on licence was made significant, which it wasn't in the slightest.

Ultimately four people could have prevented this tragedy. The first two being the two selfish morons who parked on the zigzags, the third being the lorry driver, who should have been more careful, and the fourth the parent, who should also have been more careful. As is only too common, the only true innocent is the toddler victim.
Post #788348 22nd Aug 2019 11:52pm
Slideywindows

England 
Never be gagged Caterham. Thumbs Up
Post #788413 23rd Aug 2019 9:25pm
Caterham

90 Dreamer wrote:
Amazing how many people seem to have no comprehension of Zig-Zags, box junctions, etc..........

WTF they teach prior to testing i have no idea.....

as per Donald Trumps quote some time back 'there's parts of Birmingham that are lawless' I think what he may have meant is there's too many part of the UK that have become lawless - driving being just one part. said state of affairs.
Post #788657 26th Aug 2019 11:35am
Caterham

blackwolf wrote:
Caterham wrote:

I have to say that I agree with you on this one. The primary cause of this were the two morons who parked on the far side of the crossing on the zigzags (there's one on each side of the road), if they hadn't then the toddler would unquestionably not have been killed, and I hope both drivers are haunted for the rest of their lives at what they caused. Sadly I imagine that by now they are convinced they were not in any way responsible, and as far as I know neither was charged with any offences.
does anyone know what penalty the driver received for this?
I have a lot of sympathy with the lorry driver, who stopped at a green light for traffic and failed to notice that it had changed when he pulled away. A mistake and careless, but so easy to do. I know that crossing well and I doubt that from his position he could see the family on the crossing whether or not he looked. He should have seen the red aspect though, and he is paying a high price for a moment's carelessness.

Finally I have to question the judgement of the parent in being utterly oblivious to the risk she took in crossing without making sure that the lorry driver was really stopped and aware of circumstances, it shows, in my opinion, a staggering lack of awareness of risk and one which is sadly far too common nowadays.

Two other aspects of this tragic incident struck me as abhorrent at the time. One was the manner in which supporters of the victim's family hijacked the media representation in a manner that made me wonder if they had engaged professional counsel, and the second was the way that the fact that the lorry driver was a convicted murderer released on licence was made significant, which it wasn't in the slightest.

Ultimately four people could have prevented this tragedy. The first two being the two selfish morons who parked on the zigzags, the third being the lorry driver, who should have been more careful, and the fourth the parent, who should also have been more careful. As is only too common, the only true innocent is the toddler victim.

looking at the clip again the truck driver appears to have stopped at a sensible position relative to the car on the zig zags which unfortunately is perhaps a little too far forward to see the traffic lights and hence how easily the tragic events unfolded.
The truck was clearly in that precarious position before the toddler / parents got to the traffic lights. with an ounce of common you'd think the parent would have made eye contact with driver before crossing - as said very said and I sincerely hope (but doubt) the car driver was also suitably penalised?

does anyone know what penalty the truck driver received?
Post #788660 26th Aug 2019 11:44am
Caterham

and.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-b...birmingham

'thankfully' no one was seriously hurt.
Post #788661 26th Aug 2019 12:07pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Caterham wrote:
blackwolf wrote:
Caterham wrote:

does anyone know what penalty the driver received for this?

looking at the clip again the truck driver appears to have stopped at a sensible position relative to the car on the zig zags which unfortunately is perhaps a little too far forward to see the traffic lights and hence how easily the tragic events unfolded.
The truck was clearly in that precarious position before the toddler / parents got to the traffic lights. with an ounce of common you'd think the parent would have made eye contact with driver before crossing - as said very said and I sincerely hope (but doubt) the car driver was also suitably penalised?

does anyone know what penalty the truck driver received?

Exactly. Lorry driver jailed for a year. As far as I know neither car driver was even charged.
Post #788662 26th Aug 2019 12:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>