↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Servicing and Fuel Related Info for a 2009 Defender PUMA...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RobM

Australia 1996 Defender 110 300 Tdi SW Alaska White
Servicing and Fuel Related Info for a 2009 Defender PUMA...
Guys... Hoping to gain some info from Defender 2.4ltr PUMA owners' experiences here...

1. I've got a '09 Puma 110 that I want to do the Oil/Filter change myself... The question is how often do u need to replace the drain plug with a new one or can u simply buy the O'Rings and reuse the plug? What about using a Copper Washer instead?

2. Looks like I also need to replace my worn out suspension bushes (front radius arms, etc) - Which would be better > SuperPro or Rubber? (i've been running SuperPro on my old Defender for a while now w/o issues but I've heard people say rubber is better....)

3. Fuel Filtering - I had fuel problems on our recent outback trip and it got me thinking if there is a better fuel filtering system (ie: replace the existing with something better with a built-in primer) or install an aux fuel filter somewhere that also has a built-in primer - What are peoples' thoughts?

4. How do u disconnect the Fuel Lines from the Factory Fuel Filter?
Do u need a special Tool at all?
Can u buy these fuel line hose fittings for Spares?

5. Thinking about replacing the factory std fuel tank with an LR Fuel Tank. I've also got a Factory Towbar and Folding Step fitted + I also have the Aux Inner Guard Fuel Tank installed - Is there an Aftermarket Replacement LR Tank that I can source that will still allow me to utilise the Inner Gaurd Aux Fuel Tank + keep my Factory Towbar and Folding Step? Cheers.....
Rob

1995 Defender Tdi 110Wgn
1996 LR Discovery Tdi300 (A)
2009 Defender PUMA 110Wgn
My TRPS: Rob's WikiLoc Trips
Post #787429 18th Aug 2019 6:46am
LR90XS2011

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
Hi Rob

if you do a search most of the issues you raise have been covered before.

regards the drain plug for the sump dont use britpart, genuine ford part from ford is much cheaper than from Land Rover and OEM quality DEFENDER 90 TDCI XS,

I hope everyone is well and your land rovers make you happy
Post #787431 18th Aug 2019 7:27am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1