↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Yorkshire Floods
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Yorkshire Floods
Knowing that a number of members live and/or work in Yorkshire, just wishing you all the best and hoping that you haven't been too badly effected by yesterday's flooding. No doubt some of you will have helped in the community response, albeit a sad excuse for some 'wading'.

Good luck all Thumbs Up Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #784215 31st Jul 2019 1:15pm
MetalMatt

United Kingdom 1989 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Baltic Blue
Luckily wasn't bad for me, checked out the marina with the father in law where the narrow boat is moored up and that was okay.
My mate that lives in Mytholmroyd next to the river said he will have me on speed dial if any flooding happens and luckily for him it didnt, as when the boxing day floods happened in 2015 he rang me to help but couldnt get to him due to the depth of the flood water. My mate lives just off to the left on the photo below which was from the 2015 floods.... also poor defender.

1995 Land Rover Discovery 300tdi - Sold
1989 Land Rover 90 - Rebuilding/built - its a project
2002 Land Rover Discovery TD5 - Sold
2017 Mini JCW F56 - Current Daily Driver
Post #784220 31st Jul 2019 1:56pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Saw this on the ITN news site about the flooding in North Yorkshire and wondered if this Defender is owned by a forum member.

For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #784224 31st Jul 2019 2:22pm
90 Dreamer

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Yes pretty poor, phoned a good friend of mine as they often flood but nothing this time around.....
Post #784281 31st Jul 2019 8:56pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
I do feel for my Yorkshire cousins, The north east part is lucky this way, but we have had some floods too, when we have had some really bad rain back in 2012. Newcastles bridge was like a river, when it came down! also some parts where I live were too! I remember to this very day taking my sister to the beach, She was only 10 at the time, for her to play. We were there a good three hours, the weather was nice etc. Then with out warning, things went dark. I looked up and saw a mother of all black clouds, and I looked over at south shields and the sky was very dark grey. I said to her, lets pack up and go, as I think we are going to get some rain here, She said yeah your right!! We then heard a rumble of thunder. We just got back to the car, and ya geezer it came down! There was a car boot fair two fields away and everyone bailed very quickly! The roads started to flood! My sister was getting scared and I said we will be fine. The road I drove up turned into a small stream! our front garden became a small pond too! With in 20 mins after that, all blue sky! But its the sheer speed it comes down too which really does cause problems too. I have to say it was the 1st time I have ever experienced weather like that in my life! I think there is more to come now for the uk now as the years clock on, The beast from the east as they say and the amount rain etc. Even though the UK isn't getting the snow as it did, but we are certainly getting the rain! Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #784297 31st Jul 2019 9:26pm
boxoftricks

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Zermatt Silver
MetalMatt wrote:
Luckily wasn't bad for me, checked out the marina with the father in law where the narrow boat is moored up and that was okay.
My mate that lives in Mytholmroyd next to the river said he will have me on speed dial if any flooding happens and luckily for him it didnt, as when the boxing day floods happened in 2015 he rang me to help but couldnt get to him due to the depth of the flood water. My mate lives just off to the left on the photo below which was from the 2015 floods.... also poor defender.

Fingers crossed the headlining was ok.
Post #784503 2nd Aug 2019 8:20am
GREENI

United Kingdom 
All that water came from the headlining.
Post #784509 2nd Aug 2019 8:47am
MetalMatt

boxoftricks wrote:
MetalMatt wrote:

Fingers crossed the headlining was ok.

I think it was Rolling with laughter tbh i think the whole interior was dry as a bone... i have never come across a defender that leaks Laughing Laughing Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 1995 Land Rover Discovery 300tdi - Sold
Post #784544 2nd Aug 2019 3:17pm
MetalMatt

GREENI wrote:
All that water came from the headlining.

Will let the owner know he may have a leak some where.... if its not the headlining am sure its his head gasket that is causing all that water Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 1995 Land Rover Discovery 300tdi - Sold
Post #784545 2nd Aug 2019 3:21pm
Doc P

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
Derbyshire and the dam.......don’t panic, Boris is here. Isn’t it meant to be ‘strong and stable ‘?

God help us all.

Click image to enlarge
Post #784606 2nd Aug 2019 9:38pm
dorsetsmith

New spill way out warranty built 1971, but floods damage to 1876 spill way that replaced in 1965 still ok
Post #784629 3rd Aug 2019 6:33am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1