↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Transfer lever angle - can it be changed?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
CallumB

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Transfer lever angle - can it be changed?

Click image to enlarge

I've just fitted a Mudstuff hinged cubby box locker with a standard Exmoor Trim cubby box on the top of it.The extra height means that the transfer lever on my 90 van won't allow me to mount the cubby box as far forward as I'd like, meaning the cubby box locker can't open very wide at all on its hinge (and that's even with the jack removed from its normal bulkhead stowed position!). All would be better if the transfer lever was more upright. The lever seems to be unnecessarily backward angled and low on the Pumas when in H - no idea why as I don't recall the lever being particularly close to the dash when in L!

Has anyone got any experience of modifying the lever angle forward/upright, or better, know of anyone who produces a replacement to achieve the same? Thanks in advance!
Post #781023 10th Jul 2019 8:15pm
Stiff1

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
I fitted a custom centre console which requires the transfer lever to "sit" a little closer to the gear stick.

Sharp pull on the transfer lever removes it, place in a good vice, spot heat the bar and it bends quite easily, just be sure you know it won't foul on anything else in its full range of movement.
Post #781194 11th Jul 2019 11:04pm
CallumB

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Hi Stiff1, I was thinking the same thing as there's been a lot of reads of the post but nothing else offered up so I'm thinking this isn't something folks have felt necessary. Cheers for the reply Smile
Post #781222 12th Jul 2019 8:43am
PumaPhil

Wales 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Aintree Green
I may try and do the same after reading this, although for a different reason. I find the angle of the lever very difficult to smoothly change from low to high, or vice versa, whilst on the move. I find the transfer lever on TD5 and TDI Defenders a lot easier to do this with. Very handy when towing heavy trailers, especially off road.
Post #781328 13th Jul 2019 9:52am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1