↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale] Mantec Swing Away Spare Wheel Carrier
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 6 <123456
Print this entire topic · 
Stu_XS

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
Hi Dan,

I'm not seeing anywhere, not here or on your website, where you've mentioned you are selling MoD overstock items and not LR sourced accessories.

The items you're selling are for the MoD Wolf which is reinforced at the fixing points whereas the civilian Defender would require the nut plates hence why they are included in the MANTEC supplied kit. Again I don't see in any of your listings that the item is only suitable for the MoD Wolf Defender.

You're being deliberately economical with the truth Dan, that's what's taken the jam out of my donut. As I mentioned earlier I bought from Duckworths to give some support to the company that supports the scene and also to have a warranted LR part not an Ex MoD auction clearance item that I could have bought for less on eBay.

Is there a valid LR accessory/parts warranty for this item?

Can you provide the missing nut plates? Stu...

2013 Aintree Green 90 XS SW 2.2 Puma
Post #743015 29th Nov 2018 8:14pm
Grouse

Oh for goodness sake - you bought a quality Mantec carrier for a fraction of it’s true value - if you are not happy box it up and send it back and buy elsewhere at full prices - there is no pleasing some people who will winge whatever
Post #743019 29th Nov 2018 8:49pm
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 
Its a Genuine Land Rover Part, VPLDR0130 was supplied to the MOD from Land Rover.

I don't need to supply details on where we source our products.

2 Year warranty still applies to this product.

No we can't supply the nut plates, these are a Mantec product who no longer produce said items or carrier.

We are also the cheapest supplier of these on ebay. https://www.facebook.com/duckworthparts

Send a paypal payment direct using this link www.paypal.me/duckworthparts

www.duckworthparts.co.uk
My Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: danroberts@duckworthlandrover.co.uk
Supplier of Genuine Land Rover & Jaguar Parts For All Models

Can also supply OEM & Aftermarket parts

Post #743110 30th Nov 2018 9:20am
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Grouse wrote:
Oh for goodness sake - you bought a quality Mantec carrier for a fraction of it’s true value - if you are not happy box it up and send it back and buy elsewhere at full prices - there is no pleasing some people who will winge whatever

Well said.
Post #743116 30th Nov 2018 10:21am
Mo Murphy

United Kingdom 1984 Defender 90 200 Tdi HT Pennine Grey
Grouse wrote:

I've got to say that I concur.
Mo The Land Rover 90 - Many are called, few are chosen.
Post #743133 30th Nov 2018 12:18pm
JimC

United States 2007 Defender 130 300 Tdi HCPU Arles Blue
Dude, I’d buy a returned one even if it was missing all the bolts and stuff. Fitting these is not an enigma, lots of help is available, and the vendor is following up generously on a friggin’ Internet forum. The complainant is being too demanding here.
Post #743326 1st Dec 2018 1:40am
Stu_XS

Grouse wrote:

Zed wrote:
Well said.

Mo Murphy wrote:

Mo

JimC wrote:
Dude, I’d buy a returned one even if it was missing all the bolts and stuff. Fitting these is not an enigma, lots of help is available, and the vendor is following up generously on a friggin’ Internet forum. The complainant is being too demanding here.

Gent's

Thanks for your comments, when I want your expert opinion on how to spend my money or to follow up a complaint with a retailer I'll be sure to ask. Bow down Rolling Eyes

The retailer has responded on the "friggin’ Internet forum" in the post which he started and offered the items for sale, which as it happens is not a bad place to be asking the questions in my opinion.

The good news, on my part at least, is that I have sourced the missing parts from the kit albeit at an additional expense but at least I'll know the kit is being fitted as intended by design.

duckworthparts wrote:
these are a Mantec product who no longer produce said items or carrier.

MANTEC now has stock of the retail version with all necessary parts required for a civilian vehicle installation and are selling them via select retailers. The price is a little higher than the MoD overstock ones but you're likely to get the support of the manufacturer and supplier unlike with the MoD overstock items. Stu...

Post #744025 4th Dec 2018 6:34pm
Darland

United Kingdom 1990 Defender 90 200 Tdi CSW Arles Blue
I too was sold one of these at Peterborough 2018 and no mention was made of missing fixings or instructions
Post #766321 31st Mar 2019 10:04pm
Darland

Stu_XS wrote:
Grouse wrote:

Zed wrote:
Well said.

Mo Murphy wrote:

Mo

JimC wrote:

Gent's

Thanks for your comments, when I want your expert opinion on how to spend my money or to follow up a complaint with a retailer I'll be sure to ask. Bow down Rolling Eyes

The retailer has responded on the "friggin’ Internet forum" in the post which he started and offered the items for sale, which as it happens is not a bad place to be asking the questions in my opinion.

The good news, on my part at least, is that I have sourced the missing parts from the kit albeit at an additional expense but at least I'll know the kit is being fitted as intended by design.

duckworthparts wrote:
these are a Mantec product who no longer produce said items or carrier.

MANTEC now has stock of the retail version with all necessary parts required for a civilian vehicle installation and are selling them via select retailers. The price is a little higher than the MoD overstock ones but you're likely to get the support of the manufacturer and supplier unlike with the MoD overstock items.

Stu how did you resolve this please? Where did you get the missing bits from?
Post #766325 31st Mar 2019 10:22pm
Stu_XS

I was able to source the missing parts directly from Mantec. Stu...

Post #766331 1st Apr 2019 1:25am
Darland

Many thanks Stu.
Post #766335 1st Apr 2019 6:38am
Nigelpugh7

United Kingdom 
Thread resurrection!!
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the thread resurrection, but I’ve just got around to fitting one of theses carriers, that i got from Dan at Duckworths almost two years ago.

I did try to keep all the parts together, but assumed that i had managed to misplace the spreader plates for the back of the top and bottom mounts.

But now thanks to this excellent thread, and the great guide shared from Martin, i now understand that the kit actually never came with those plates?

That’s correct isn’t it?

So on to me fitting Mine, I wondered of they are needed.

It seems to me that the lower mount, which has the three long bolts, has six large washers, which looking at Martin’s guide, one goes on the outside and one at the back next to the chassis, is that a correct assumption on my behalf?

Also what are the two large rubber grommets for? As i can see no mention to where they should be fitted, or in fact anywhere that has a hole of 30mm+ that they should fit into?

Here’s some pics of how far i got at the weekend.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #851910 25th Aug 2020 1:24pm
Nigelpugh7

United Kingdom 
These are the back plates that I believe i don’t have?

Click image to enlarge

But from the great guide Martin posted this looks like they are not needed, but is that only on the wolf model vehicles?

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #851913 25th Aug 2020 1:31pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Oooh this can of worms again Laughing

There was some discussion over the need for the nut plates. They are definitely useful, to make fitting easier. But I feel that the same function (load spread) can be achieved using some nice fat washers.  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #851914 25th Aug 2020 1:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Nigelpugh7

United Kingdom 
Ahhh Cheers MArtin, sorry didn’t want to drag it up again.

Thanks for the feedback and thats what I thought too, re the washers.

Are the big ones I mentioned, included in the kit, about 35-40mm diameter good enough do you think?

Cheers again.
Post #851920 25th Aug 2020 2:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456