↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > New Acquisition
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
jaygti

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Light bars are like chequerplate and spotlights. Not easy on the eye , but very handy at times. 🤔🤔
Nice pair of land rovers by the way👍🏻 2002 td5 90 county hardtop
Post #762273 7th Mar 2019 7:43am
joss007

United Kingdom 
Thanks for all of the comments guys, especially regarding my two loves, the S2 and Maisie the hound (I know the misses wont see this!!) Another great and welcoming forum.
Post #762291 7th Mar 2019 10:40am
joss007

United Kingdom 
Well, on Saturday some scumbags tried to steal my Defender. I was parked up at my local cricket / social club so plenty of people coming and going. They butchered the drivers door lock and also the ignition barrel, luckily there was no more damage. My tracker alerted me on my phone that the vibration alarm was set off but I think they had already been spooked by someone else and were making off as I ran out. I managed to hotwire and becasue the ignition was mangled the steering lock kept coming on so had to wedge a small metal bar in to disable it so i could get it back home.
I think they were amateurs thankfully and the immobiliser prevented them from getting any further. I had left my pedal lock on the passenger floor becasue I thought I wasn't going to be long so had it been on it might have been a deterrent. ANyway I was lucky, a new ignition barrel and door lock is on order and I still have it. I was one of the lucky ones but, it does take the fun out of ownership knowing everytime you park it up whether it will be there when you return.
Post #814468 10th Feb 2020 11:48am
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
Bad luck. It does take the joy out of a bit. I've got a tracker on mine but I don't think it would alert me to vibration, maybe time to upgrade it.

Good luck with the fixes.
Post #814473 10th Feb 2020 12:41pm
joss007

United Kingdom 
The vibration alert is good and shows on the app instantly and also sends a text albeit this takes a few minutes to come through.

I have manged to take the ignition barrel off, after reading how best to remove the sheer bolts i was prepared for a battle but a few knocks with a punch and hammer they freed quickly. Removing the door barrel lock took tonger!!! NEw ignition and locks on order.
Post #814477 10th Feb 2020 12:48pm
L110CDL

England 
Great you still got your landy Thumbs Up

May i ask what type of tracker you have please that it alerts you Question 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #814668 11th Feb 2020 9:04pm
joss007

United Kingdom 
PM sent
Post #814701 12th Feb 2020 10:11am
L110CDL

England 
Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #814818 12th Feb 2020 9:47pm
ehoms

Mexico 
Always loved red defenders Thumbs Up
Post #819467 13th Mar 2020 7:33pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
joss007 wrote:
Well, on Saturday some scumbags tried to steal my Defender. I was parked up at my local cricket / social club so plenty of people coming and going. They butchered the drivers door lock and also the ignition barrel, luckily there was no more damage. My tracker alerted me on my phone that the vibration alarm was set off but I think they had already been spooked by someone else and were making off as I ran out. I managed to hotwire and becasue the ignition was mangled the steering lock kept coming on so had to wedge a small metal bar in to disable it so i could get it back home.
I think they were amateurs thankfully and the immobiliser prevented them from getting any further. I had left my pedal lock on the passenger floor becasue I thought I wasn't going to be long so had it been on it might have been a deterrent. ANyway I was lucky, a new ignition barrel and door lock is on order and I still have it. I was one of the lucky ones but, it does take the fun out of ownership knowing everytime you park it up whether it will be there when you return.

I would reconmend you fit a optimil removerable steering boss with their locking barrel, that goes over the top of it. Looks like they may have been sniffing at it for a little while and decided to strike. Last year when my old one was stolen and destroyed. They did try 3 times in a row to get another one away, that's down the road from me. So they may come back for round 2. Its a shame that you have to be very wary now where you park these. Some parts of sunderland I am worried to leave the Peugeot let a lone leave a defender. I would bet a £1000 that some one would have a go at the defender. seaham two chavs pulled up to check the defender out, and waited to see what move I was going to make. Lets just say I have stopped parking it, where I used to from now on. Thumbs Up But its still at the back of my mind. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #819498 13th Mar 2020 9:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12