↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [Found] radio/CD with Aux input for 2011 90, 2.2 Puma.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Leroy

United Kingdom 
[Found] radio/CD with Aux input for 2011 90, 2.2 Puma.
Pulled my unit out as the CD loading mechanism was jamming. Think I got that sorted but didn't realise I didn't have the security code for reconnecting.... OK, I'll confess I hadn't even thought about it, then started pressing buttons which finally produced the ......yep, you guessed it... SAFE message. Since then I've managed to track down what is supposed to be my radio code and also my EKA, thanks to a very kind person at Inverness LR. Neither code was recorded anywhere, and definitely not attached to the battery.

Unfortunately following all the instructions I've trawled out of posts in this main topic (thank you, various people) I'm still getting 3 flashes of 3CD Error for about 2 seconds followed by my now favourite word.....SAFE. Zero opportunity to punch in any codes.

Have waited 1 hr, 24hrs, threatened it with a hammer as one writer here suggested, (hammer procedure is now looking pretty tempting), with unit switched off and key in position 1. Now have it pulled out and completely disconnected for 24 hrs as a last ditch effort, but I think I've turned it into a doorstop by locking it permanently Embarassed .

Not very keen to go aftermarket, and while there are several LR Defender units being sold, with codes, on Baywatch, they aren't ones with Aux inputs. All I want is to listen to audiobooks, preferably via MP3, but optionally by CD. I've noted a number of older posts on here selling what I want, but nothing recent, and I assume they're long gone.

Radio reception in my neck of the woods is worse than crap, so that isn't an issue. Nor is perfect sound quality, so I'm happy to stick with the LR standard machine.

Anybody out there who's upgrading happen to be selling one that doesn't either eat CDs or soil it's undies if you disconnect the battery? Crying or Very sad

Mine looks basically like this one, but with an AUX jack input next to the Scan button where you can see a blank bit, and no I'm not savvy enough to try buying one like this and whacking an aux input in. This image was pinched from Baywatch 'cos it's too dark, wet and cold to go outside and take a pikky of my own right now.

Click image to enlarge

Leroy

(NB Newbie status, so I'm not sure I can receive/send pms. If necessary I can post my email address)
Post #751235 14th Jan 2019 6:44pm
Leroy

United Kingdom 
Update; Must have been Karma. It wouldn't have happened if I hadn't stirred the cosmic pot and asked for sympathy from the great Deafender clan.

I just went back to Baywatch to double check, and lo and behold, there was one from a Deaf with (supposedly) only 17miles on it (ie the Deafender, not the radio), that I obviously missed before, or maybe it had just appeared, in which case I may not be going senile just yet, so if I can trust in my fellow man, I have an (as) new one on the way.

With the correct code!! Thumbs Up
Post #751269 14th Jan 2019 8:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1